Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taking a "no-shoot"for a friend

ap3

We were at the A3 match and my traveling partner had just shot a particularly difficult stage right before my turn. The stage was totally lateral with you starting on the left and traveling right, walls seperated each array with the last one having a swinger behind a no shoot.

I shot the stage and was calling my shots, but when we went to score it I had a hit on the no-shoot. I didn't remember the sights breaking there, but hey I have seen one thing and shot something else before. As I got back to my range back my friend who hadn't watched me shoot said. "Man I got lucky, I had a no-shoot on that swinger and they didn't put it on my score sheet"  I have heard of taking a bullet for your buddy, but never a no-shoot.

The moral of this story is check the no-shoot targets before you shoot the stage. Since I had shot stages and had RO's miss no-shoots I figure I had it coming.

That's an interesting scenario.

What do the rules say about that?

If you claim you didn't shoot it...is it the Ro's responsibility to check the no-shoots? Is it the competitor's?

Who would likely win if you pushed that one?

OR, what if you see a previously shot no shoot while shooting...can you stop yourself for range failure?

SA