Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Today At Central Florida Rifle & Pistol Club

timamal

Thanks Eric.

I didnt think I shot "that" well except for a couple of stages, your right about the smooth and boring thing winning a match?

Listening to and applying what a couple of masters said about breaking down stages helps, as well as warm weather making back and knees feel good. A good dose of luck helps too.

Good way to start a vacation. :D

Do you think me taking HOA will lite a fire under Pauls butt and make him come out and whip my tail. ;)

Uhhhhhhh....YUP!

Just Kidding....Good Job Matt. You've worked hard to get where you are and will only get better. You have several intangibles that can't be taught. James even said he was shocked at the results, and of course I had to give him a hard time.

"Splits" Whitacre made GM five years ago this month and has trounced the FIELD at matches by about 15% ever since, and on ZERO practice! :wacko: No, dude, seriously, :mellow: the guy never gets to the range except to kick our butts :rolleyes: . "I fear I have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve". (Little ecclectic history quote there for you B) ).

It's some synergistic combination of gained skill, eye to hand gifts, will to win and just love of the sport, but I have MIB checking to see if he's from this planet. <_< It's a good thing he doesn't start practicing regularly and come smoking out of the weeds to snap off a major.

If he quit being a working stiff and got a shooting job, nobody has to like it.

(apoligies for the odd language, when I start elaborating my old hard wired, pool player language kicks in. Sorry for any confusion. End disclaimer.)

Matt, now you've done it. At least I had the discretion not to win with his type of gear, hell HIS OLD GUN!!! You've stepped in it for sure. Welcome to my world. Hard to see the sights when you are looking over your shoulder, waiting for the big, bully GM to swoop in and stomp a mudhole in your azz isn't it??? :P

Edited by dirtypool40

Matt, now you've done it. At least I had the discretion not to win with his type of gear, hell HIS OLD GUN!!! You've stepped in it for sure. Welcome to my world. Hard to see the sights when you are looking over your shoulder, waiting for the big, bully GM to swoop in and stomp a mudhole in your azz isn't it??? :P

That is the idea. I would love to have my tail kicked by a friend that I also respect as a top notch shooter. Just think of all you learn every time you shoot well and still get whooped by 15%.

Just think how much fun it would be to see the unnamed one practice and kick some serious tails. :ph34r:

Of course if I ever do beat him with his own gun I will have awakened a sleeping giant :D

• 4 weeks later...

a month later and that same match had 84 shooters!!!

Biggest local I know of, HUGE considering certain factors at that match.

"Hacksaw" Jim Collier snapped it off this time, but Matt Jones was right there again, he's really starting to improve and it's showing in the matches.

Edited by dirtypool40

84 for a monthly match, It is the Gunshine state. How many does Rio Salado get??

James flat out shot me, his smokin run on stage 3 gave me a new goal. :ph34r:

Blowing out my back on the 4th stage, and possibly not making the State match is a bummer, as of now I have missed 2 days work and spent a fortune at the chiropractor.

Things are not looking good. :(

Time to suck it up and quityerbitchin or get a new chiropractor!!!! :o:D No excuses allowed. Hell the way your shooting you got a damn good chance with this State match. If you need a spare blaster mine will be in the safe this weekend.

"Why have all these toys if your not going to play?"----------The Wife

You need to get your tail down there Saturday morning and hand in your entry fee. :P

"Why have all these toys if your not going to play?"----------The Wife

Sounds like a great quote to me.......

Lets see, 4 days off work, 3 chiropractor bills without copay being met???? Hard to get ready mentally much less physically. Did go chrono today though.