Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Web Based Scoring Application (beta)

dagnyg

looks very interesting. i had trouble adding a stage, however, there didn't seem to be a spot for the entry.

this is for a uspsa match.

lynn

I had a broken link, it's fixed now :-)

In the screen called "stages in uspsa match", click on the Define USPSA stages. I ask for the number of pistol stages (and rifle, shotgun if a 3 gun match). Once you define the stages, you can enter score data for shooters for the stages.

looks very interesting. i had trouble adding a stage, however, there didn't seem to be a spot for the entry.

lynn

In the screen called "stages in uspsa match", click on the Define USPSA stages. I ask for the number of pistol stages (and rifle, shotgun if a 3 gun match). Once you define the stages, you can enter score data for shooters for the stages.

still no luck on adding a stage.

lynn

Not able to set up stage details. I have an IDPA type match that can be used to test.

Nice concept.

Jim Taylor

Jim, IDPA stages are "generic". There's nothing to configure. Once you add shooters to your match and assign their classification and division, just click "Score Sheet Data - Add, Edit". You select which shooter, then you'll see buttons to move from stage to stage.

I do need to create a step by step tutorial, I know ...

When you create a match, it asks for a match name, type, date and time. Select USPSA, then choose either Pistol or 3 Gun. Click the Save button when you're done.

If you selected Pistol, it will ask the number of pistol stages. For 3 gun it asks the number of Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun stages.

It will then take you to screen where you name the stages, enter the quantity of targets, stage points.

It might be best, if you have not given up :( , to create a new match and see what happens.

lynn

still no luck on adding a stage.

lynn

Not able to set up stage details. I have an IDPA type match that can be used to test.

Nice concept.

Jim Taylor

Jim, IDPA stages are "generic". There's nothing to configure. Once you add shooters to your match and assign their classification and division, just click "Score Sheet Data - Add, Edit". You select which shooter, then you'll see buttons to move from stage to stage.

Dagny:

Got it figured out. I put in data from Monday Night @ Dominion and it works fine.

What would be really nice would be to set up an IDPA match, i.e., stages, Strings, targets, no-shoots, Vickers or Limited, etc. and be able to produce scoresheets in advance as well as masks for inputting the individual stages.

Thanks for this great tool!

Jim Taylor

Nice concept.

Jim Taylor

Dagny:

Got it figured out. I put in data from Monday Night @ Dominion and it works fine.

What would be really nice would be to set up an IDPA match, i.e., stages, Strings, targets, no-shoots, Vickers or Limited, etc. and be able to produce scoresheets in advance as well as masks for inputting the individual stages.

Jim Taylor

I'm glad you like it!

In the back of my mind I have some ideas for a stage design application with many of the functions you suggested. The scoring site was intended to be simply for calcuating and publishing scores.

_Dagny_

Nice concept.

Jim Taylor

Dagny:

Jim Taylor

I'm glad you like it!

In the back of my mind I have some ideas for a stage design application with many of the functions you suggested. The scoring site was intended to be simply for calcuating and publishing scores.

_Dagny_

Dagny:

Would it be helpful to have a wish list of features for future development?

Best regards,

Jim Taylor

Nice concept.

Jim Taylor

Dagny:

Jim Taylor

I'm glad you like it!

_Dagny_

Dagny:

Would it be helpful to have a wish list of features for future development?

Best regards,

Jim Taylor

Yes Jim, your wish list would be helpful to me.