Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Old Dillon 450

Bwana Six-Gun

Had the afternoon off and decided to set up and get my old 450 going again. I could not believe the crud that had built up on it just siting around unused since I got my 650. Cleaned it up and lubed it with a little 10W40 and it is good as new. Now I can crank out some 38 SP and 357 for ICORE and try out the speed-loader drill. :P

My press is a 450 that has been upgraded to 550 specs. I think the only 450 part remaining is the ram. :lol:

How does the primer feed work on the 450?

I recently saw one fairly cheap... However, I was having a heck of a time trying to figure out the primer feed system.

My press is a 450 that has been upgraded to 550 specs. I think the only 450 part remaining is the ram. :lol:

I recently saw one fairly cheap... However, I was having a heck of a time trying to figure out the primer feed system.

If you want a Dillon 550, there's little difference in price between a cheap 450 upgraded to 550 specs, and a new 550.

But to answer your question, I replaced the primer feed so long ago I forget how the original one worked. :rolleyes:

Had the afternoon off and decided to set up and get my old 450 going again. I could not believe the crud that had built up on it just siting around unused since I got my 650. Cleaned it up and lubed it with a little 10W40 and it is good as new. Now I can crank out some 38 SP and 357 for ICORE and try out the speed-loader drill. :P

cowboy action in your future! :)

btw, what's a 450?

lynn

I have a very early 450 which I did not upgrade. The primer is transfered from the drop tube to the plattern by manually pushing a slide. Powder is also dropped by manually pushing a slide.

Mine has been sitting unused on the Bench set up in .45 since our Government bought all our .45s off us. I recently converted it to 9mm and started using it. Takes some getting used to after 10+ years of 650 and 1050

Peter Dawson