Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

18degree Mi Range Report Hk Usp 40 Custom

HHjr

BRRrrr ! A friend and I took my new USP 40 Custom Combat OD Green out this afternoon. 18degree and Negative WC in lower central MI... I was pretty desperate to take it out and funny thing we had the range ALL to ourselves.

It shot to POA and the recoil with my Minor loads just barely bumped the front sight up. Ran a bunch of minor level 185gr Precision Black moly's through it just purred. Load was 185gr Precision Black @ 1.130" and 3.2grs N320 that chrono'd @ 689fps. After the session the barrel was like a black mirror.

My buddy Glock shooter shot it faster than his glock and was extremely impressed. This gun will be supreme in ESP and Lim Minor this year. I am a long time custom 1911 guy and the trigger is really very very nice as is. Take up and reset is very decent. So, I say it is perfect as is out of the box and will only need a new FO rod once in a while. Time to warm up here in lower MI. Harold H.

I am right handed, and currently using the v4. (Decock lever only- on right side). Better for my thumbs, frees up space. I think the V9 would be the only way I would carry it cocked locked. (lever is up for safe, doesn't not decock)

Some light polishing may do the trick. The hammer strut is very sharp, and causes friction where it rides under/in the hammer. Sometimes the trigger bar rides against the outside of the magazine as well.

Edited by Mo Hepworth