Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stages That Don't Follow The Rules

cking

I shoot with a small local club, and I don't mind if we don't follow all the rules exactly. But just be honest about and say during walk through we are ignoring this rule.

Most recently two stages had problems. One was a rotating target. The windmill, two full targets rotating behind two vertical noshoots. It was weighted and spinning fast, but if you waited it stopped. I stated that it should be a no penalty miss. Answer was no it will always be visible and appears multiple time. Well sure enough the third shooter up it stopped completely hidden behind the no shoots.

Next was a field course that mandated a reload between boxes.

A small debate ensued about it, and I was informed to shutup or leave.

Again just say sorry we are ignoring the rules and like it or leave it during the walk throughs.

We see this lots at one of our locals as well but sometimes more severe. I think that if a club is gonna claim USPSA afiliation, then effort should be made to have the matches follow the rules. The level 1 exemption in the current green book is way over used.......

From the Hate Rules (<<< ironic name, huh?)

New Hate Criteria (10.12.05):

Hate rants involving shooters, firearms, or shooting related manufacturers, such as but not limited to - IPSC, IDPA, USPSA, the NRA, or Match Directors - are NOT PERMITTED.

If your hate rant has to do with shooting then it needs to be directed towards yourself.

I'm sorry for this restriction, which may restrict a few reasonable hate rants. Overall, the moderating staff does not feel it's appropriate for the forum's content or well being in general.

Gotta close it down.