Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Picking Up Mags From A Table

mshotwell

If you know you're going to encounter a stage that you need to put a mag in your mag pouches, practice this before you get to match. It's not hard unless it's the first time you're trying it while on the timer at a match.

+1 for that. Actually, I find placing mags in the holders to be almost as easy as taking them out. The location and movement is very similar. All that is required is that you be able to walk and chew gum at the same time. Ok, it's a bit more complex than that, but not much.

Lee

How do you carry your mags? I know this years SS classic will have stage were you are not aloud to have mags on your belt. This stage usually require more than one reload.

Do you hold your mags, put them back in your mag holders, or pocket?

My initial response was support of someone else's post, advocating putting mazazine into the pouch you will later take it out of. That's probably the best way, but it's not the only option.

A frend, on longer a USPSA shooter, turned me on to an alternative method that works pretty well. What he suggested is that I place sufficient paper towels in the bottom of my pocket so that the mags, when inserted into the pocket, will stick up above the upper edge of the pocket to be easy to access. It works on front pockets, but works better still, on back ones. It seems us guys are conditioned to reaching into our left rear pockets. It's most likely a result of dating women who, if they're smart, let us pick up the tab on most dates.

Lee