Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Need One Powder For 2 Different Calibers.

morebullets

I noticed that a few people have said that VV powder is too expensive. I say you get what you pay for and you are only paying roughly .6 cents more per round. That is only 6 dollars more per thousand. Ask yourself if it is worth it to have a more consistant and clean burning powder.

Prices are per pound. VV price is from VV website and TG price is from MidwayUSA.com

Using a charge weight of 4 grains.

VV N320 $24.89 .014 per round

TG. $14.49 .008 per round

.006 DIFFERENCE.

Well, mostly because of availability, I now have 4lbs of W231. I also have 4000 Zero 9mm 124gr. FMJ and 2000 .40 165gr FMJ's. I don't need to make any pf. I just need my gun to function. Any ideas on powder charges? I have several manuals, but I thought somebody on here would have a few pet loads they might want to share. The 9mm is a M&P and the .40 is a Glock 22. I have a 13 year old son and I would like to get him started shooting the Glock, so some lighter loads would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Lately what I have been using as my production load in my Glock 35 is

155 grain Xtreme plated bullet

4.0 grains Titegroup

Federal small pistol primers

mixed brass

1.128 OAL.

Exremely light load. Just enough to cycle the G35 reliably.

New to the board , But i will chime in here. I load 9mm for the wifes CZ-75bd and .40 for my Glock 23. I've been using AA#5 for both. The 9 is 124 grn bullet with the 40 running a 165 grn. I get my bullets from Precuision delta. Both load are for plinking. Still working on a good load for the 9. My 40 runs 7 grns aa#5 with fed 100 primers in fed brass OAL at 1.124-1.127. Still have all fingers yet. This load is close to Max, so work up to it. My books ready 7.2 max load!!!!