Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cr Speed Holster For Xd - Can It Be Used With An Sti Open Gun?

ExtremeShot

I was going to call CR Speed about this but I couldn't get the international phone number to dial out on my cell phone.

Does anyone know if the CR Speed XD WSM (for the Springfield XD) will work with an STI Open Gun? I know that I'll have to purchase the shims. I'm concerned about the length, etc.

Thanks for the help,

Darren

CR Speed Holsters:

http://www.rescomp.co.za/speed_holsters.htm

• 3 years later...

If it has XD marked on the holster, just above the lock, I think that you are SOL as it's model specific like my Glock holster.

The WSM II doesn't list the XD as being able to fit it.

You need a new one.

It looked like it might be possible to add a plastic spacer to the inside of the trigger guard holder. In pictures it looks like the STI specific model has this installed.

I've sent a couple emails out to Rescomp and to the forum dealers but no response yet. I may try and purchase a plastic sheet and try to fashion one myself.

I can always sell it...

It looked like it might be possible to add a plastic spacer to the inside of the trigger guard holder. In pictures it looks like the STI specific model has this installed.

I've sent a couple emails out to Rescomp and to the forum dealers but no response yet. I may try and purchase a plastic sheet and try to fashion one myself.

I can always sell it...

There is an insert kit (CR Speed Trigger Guard Insert Kit) with a shaped insert and a range of spacers. I got a set to try on my Glock specific holster to try and adapt it to fit an STI. I've done some preliminary tests and it looks like it will work but I'm still shooting my Glock for the rest of the season so I haven't actually tried to fully reconfigure the holster but it looks promising. As I don't have access to a STI specific holster to compare to, I can't comment on that.

Before I bought the insert kit I talked to Chris at CPWSA and he was not aware of what it would take to reconfigure, so i don't know if this will work.

http://www.cpwsa.com/CR_Speed.htm (at bottom of page) - CR Speed Trigger Guard Insert Kit - this kit includes all the trigger guard spacers and screws initially supplied with the holster which allows it to be modified for use with a variety of different handguns.

Rob

I have an XD specific CR Speed and I just added one of there mag pouch shims to the holster and I'm shooting a 1911 in Limited-10 with it. You can buy derlin and make the spacer yourself.

I ended making my own spacer today out of some acrylic. Got a small sheet of 0.08 thick stuff at Lowes and built up a three layer piece using some quick drying epoxy. Cut it out and shaped it and used some small screws countersunk into the material to attach to the holster with washers and nuts (and loctite). No permanent changes were made to the holster so I can always buy a kit if needed.

Cost me about $5 including the acrylic, glue, screws and countersink bit. Works like a champ and the gun is rock solid. I'll be posting a picture later.

If I did this again I'd probably use a dollar store cutting board for the material instead of acrylic...

As promised here are a couple of photos of the spacer that I built out of acrylic. This material is super slick and offers little to no resistance on the draw. When locked it stays locked...

post-23577-025606900 1281026845_thumb.jp

post-23577-080316600 1281026857_thumb.jp