Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Powder Measure

Ok, I obviously missed a design change. I've had my 550b for 17yr. and it's probably been at least ten years since I added a new calibre conversion. I just bought one of the calibre quick change kits. The Powder measure return assembly is completely different from the two I already had, and the bar that returns the powder measure to position when the primer is seated, wasn't included in the kit, and the one I have currently doesn't fit the new powder measure at all. What's up?

You gota have the new bar =it has a z bend in it and it returns the (fail safe) catch part so that the next charge will drop. = The charge bar on the new one will not return untill near the last part of the stroke, that way it is harder to get a double charge.

I like it as it will not stick and give you a (no) charge too , so it is a better one

Dillon is going to charge exrta to send you one :huh:

Talk nice to the Dillon rep. When I ordered a replacement powder measure to tide me over while they did warranty work on the old measure, they asked questions about the age of my equipment and what the bar looked like. They advised of the update and that I needed the new bar. And they were kind enough to include the new bar at no cost. Dillon = Good Folks.

Bill