Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G21 To 40?

thunderstick

I was looking at KKM barrels and noticed I could put a 10mm in my G21 so I am wondering if the following logic is flawed:

A G20 can have its barrel replaced with a 40S&W barrel.

A G21 can have its barrel replaced with a 10 mm barrel therefore can a person replace a G21 barrel with a 40 s&w barrel?

thanks in advance.

I was looking at KKM barrels and noticed I could put a 10mm in my G21 so I am wondering if the following logic is flawed:

A G20 can have its barrel replaced with a 40S&W barrel.

A G21 can have its barrel replaced with a 10 mm barrel therefore can a person replace a G21 barrel with a 40 s&w barrel?

thanks in advance.

When replacing a 45acp barrel with a .40S&W barrel, the only issue that may come up is problematic extraction or feeding. The breachface on the 21 for 45ACP is wider than the typical .40S&W/10mm breechface. This allows for the .40S&W or 10mm cartridge to possibly move around during the load or extraction cycle and therefore cause a jam.

In some instances, the pistols work flawlessly, in others there are constant problems.

Good luck!

Something eles to consider. The "G21 to G20" barrel is not the same as a factory G20 barrel. The barrel hood is wider on the .45 than on the 10mm, and the conversion has the wider hood to match the wider cut in the slide. The conversion barrel will not fit in a 10mm slide.

I don't see why they couldn't build a .45 to .40 barrel for the G21, though.