Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Poi Change With New Kkm

Okie-Glocker

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum. On my 4th year in USPSA production. Anyways, recently put in a KKM match barrel in my G-34 since I began reloading the 9x19. My Dawson sights were dialed in perfectly with the factory barrel. With the KKM, the POI changed to about 4" high and to the left @ 15yds. I was able to correct for the windage but ran out of adjustment for elevation, still shoots about 2" higher than I'd like. KKM told me that this happens sometimes and I need a taller front sight :angry: , which I can do but don't think I should have to. Saw a few posts with similar POI issues....

Question is: How many of you guys noticed a POI shift after switching to a KKM drop in barrel (enough to make major sight adjustments)? Just curious.

Thanks,

Okie

Edited by Okie-Glocker

Okie, I have 2 Glocks with gunsmith fit KKM barrels and my competition G35 has a drop-in KKM barrels. I had point of impact shifts with all 3 barrels, but none as severe as what you described

I agree with KKM's advice though. These things happen when dealing with guns.

My G22 shot a few inches high with the KKM vs. the factory. I found that out at a match shooting it without checking where it was hitting. Missed some plates until I realized what was happening! :rolleyes: I was able to dial it down, but I like it a little high myself though.

If your Glock was running with 100% accuracy beforehand, what was your reasoning for changing things?

Just curious Okie. Welcome to the forums :D You've chosen a great pistol to compete with, if you don't mind me saying so :)

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

If your Glock was running with 100% accuracy beforehand, what was your reasoning for changing things?

Just curious Okie. Welcome to the forums :D You've chosen a great pistol to compete with, if you don't mind me saying so :)

Thanks for all the info guys, I appreciate the feedback... The reason I switched to the KKM was because I recently began loading my own rounds and I wanted a barrel with a better set up chamber than the OEM barrel since I recycle my brass - the brass that goes through the KKM leaves no bulge at the base and fits right in the case gauge even before going through the resizing die. The wife hooked me up with a complete RL550B setup for X-Mas, so I stay busy with that. I will continue testing the KKM barrel with some different loads and if I can't get things the way I want, I will either go with a .300 front sight or put the OEM barrel back in and roll it on down the line.

I originally started out in USPSA with a Beretta 92G Elite II (I put 16000 rds through it over the course of 2 years and since I got the G-34, the Beretta has been sitting in my safe as I am faster with the Glock). I don't miss the DA/SA transition ;)

Amazing wife! Tell me she has a sister :D

Sorry, no sister... :D LOL!

I know it doesn't help you any, But I had no change with my G34 and a KKM drop in. Good thing because I have fixed Heinie/dawson set up. I use to have a G35 with a KKM drop in also, I had no shift in POI either.

Thanks for the input f250sd. I wish this had been the case for my gun. I wasn't expecting anything like what I described in the original post. Looks like some KKMs work perfectly regarding POI and others do in fact change a bit.

Okie