Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Some Help & Insight

LPatterson

My finincial manager has refused my request for additional funding to improve the 625 I bought without prior approval. So what improvements can I make with my trusty screwdriver & dremel? I have changed springs in a model 29 with some success, so what can I do to the 625 and is 1 spring set better than another? Is there a way that I can chamfer the cylinder without some expensive tools. I followed a link to a site that had Jerry M videos cheaper than GunVideo but now I can't find it again. I need to make the changes in small steps to keep cost under the radar.

Even links to changes I can make would be helpful.

LeRoy,

I have polished never cut away with a Dremel, champhor tool my cylinder with a drill, some cotton bore cleaning tips and cotton .30 Cal patches. Use JB Bore paste (or very fine jewelers rouge) and be patient spending some time 'honing' and polishing the cylinder holes. You can be more agressive along the star edges but what makes the bullets drop in faster is using a good round nose bullet with a tight crimp. I use Montana Gold 230 gr RN and these will drop right in. The Miculek spring kit from Bang Inc or Brownell's is the right one to buy.

If you really want to get good with this revo, spend money on ammo and practice first, then start changing your parts by getting them to a competent gunsmith. I shot my 625 stock for 7 years before I had anything done to it. The practice is what makes you good not the gun.

I followed a link to a site that had Jerry M videos cheaper than GunVideo but now I can't find it again.

My Jerry M. Action Job DVD is making its rounds of my shooting buddies, but you're sure welcome to borrow it. Nemo has it right now, when he's done with it maybe he can mail it over to you.

Use the Dremmel cut-off wheel to lighten the hammer.

"Montana Gold 230 gr RN and these will drop right in" Good advice.

when you have some spare pocket change, buy a Dremel bit called a "Cratex" and just break the edges of the cylinder holes. Go slow, and don't get greedy. Trick is to TAKE CYLINDER OFF OF GUN, grind lightly, clean like CRAZY, and once you think all the polishing grit is gone, clean it AGAIN (nothing eats up a gun faster than grit).

I followed a link to a site that had Jerry M videos cheaper than GunVideo but now I can't find it again.

My Jerry M. Action Job DVD is making its rounds of my shooting buddies, but you're sure welcome to borrow it. Nemo has it right now, when he's done with it maybe he can mail it over to you.

Sure thing! LeRoy, pm me your snailmail address to send you Mr. Carmoney's dvd. I'll finish viewing it this weekend.