Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Two Most Interesting Things At Shot Show

SinistralRifleman

The 2 most interesting things at SHOT Show 2007, won't be available until 2008 unfortunately.

keltec-1.jpg

The Kel-tec Bullpup .308. Uses FAL magazines. Completely ambidextrous operation, all controls are mirrored right/left and cocking handle can change sides. Spent casings are ejected forward.

Several variations are planned including, short barrelled carbine, full length rifle, and longer heavy barrel precision version.

ETA is 2008. Target price range is $2000-$3000 MSRP

magpul-1.jpg

Magpul Masada Rifle.

Combines many of the features of the SCAR, XCR, and G36 into one package. Gas piston operation, uses AR15 magazines, barrels, and fire control parts. The controls are completely ambidextrous, cocking handle is reversable. The barrel has quick change capability.

ETA 2008. Target price range $1200-$1500.

The MASADA should really take off once it is available. Why?

-it uses my FAVORITE Ar-15 barrel, the [insert favorite brand here] -beacause MY chosen barrel is "the best!"

-it comes with a gas-piston upper (thrown in for free!!) - using a reall gas piston just like the: [pick one: M-1 Garand, M14, M1 Carbine, FAL, FNC, AK-47, Galil, G-36 etc. etc. etc.] - and EVERYONE knows that gun I chose from the above list is "the best!"

-it uses AR-15 mags - and I prefer (insert magazine brand here) because, say it with me, "its the best!"

-the stock folds! AND, I NEED A FOLDING STOCK because [insert reason of choice here]

-it uses AR-15 trigger components - and I will ONLY use [insert trigger brand here] - because MY trigger choice is, of course, "the best!"

Seriously, MagPul have designed a better mousetrap. This is the company that convinced the punters to buy $200+ plastic AR-15 stocks that are WORTH it because (er - get back to me if you can figure this one out) and the "tacti-cool" AR-15 grip (again, were the old parts broken?). Nonetheless, their AR-15 followers are an improvement.

Hope to heck they follow through w. this one.

Also - agree that: with the dems in control + rising crime = not looking good for further roll-backs of current gun controll and quite likely that we will see new restrictions passed & they are already popping up at thestate level. W/ luck, magpull will beat the clock and I'll be the 1st in line for the new rifle.