Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sti Kydex ?

big daddy

Insert the gun and tighten the holster fairly snugly. Apply heat carefully to all the angles where the material bends around the gun in a slow stroking motion - front & rear angles. You will see the the material soften and conform around the gun. Allow the material to cool for about an hour...a lot longer than you think it needs is just about right. When you loosen the holster up just a bit it should be pretty well fit to the desired shape. I think there are some places in the rules that specify the end of the holster must cover the end of the gun. This could affect the fitting of a holster to a 6" gun.

I thought as long as the trigger was covered that the holster was okay.I know I have seen belt slide holsters used in sectional matchs.But it would not be the first time I was wrong.

Edited by et45

I thought as long as the trigger was covered that the holster was okay.I know I have seen belt slide holsters used in sectional matchs.But it would not be the first time I was wrong.

Ditto, my Ghost holster definately does not cover the end of the barrel :P

Does anybody know if there is a cheep kydex for a sti, other than the DOH? I am trying to put a couple spare rigs together and all I need is the houlsters. Any help would be great.

Try Mike at MLE Shooting on this site. Pretty sure he got me mine.