Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Miamisburg Sunday Shoot

thorspapa

To the Miamisburgh IPSC guys and Paul in particular:

I just wanted to tell you all thank you for allowing me to shoot Sunday, even though I got there late after getting lost twice. I had a great time, even if my shooting wasn't great.

I've been out of IPSC since 1993 (yeah, I know it shows) and that was my first real match since then.

I've had several reconstructive surgeries in the last few years, caused by dirt bike crashes (the hobby that made me leave shooting). I think I'll be safer with a gun in my hand again than with a dirt bike's throttle.

Anyway, though I didn't get to really meet any of you, I enjoyed the company and look forward to more of the same.

thorspapa,

Mark Anderson and Paul Hernandez put on a great indoor match especially when you consider you are limited to about 10 or 12 yards max.

Mark has found ways to utilize the avaliable space by making one large stage break down into several smaller stages so that you may get a least one 24 round stage (or higher) and some lesser round counts by different start positions and utilizing only part of the targets.

He also mixes up strong/weak hand to test our accuracy.

And we still shoot between 70 and 90 rounds at each match.

A great way to break up the long winter months.

JFS

Thanks for coming out thorspapa, I hope to see you there next month. I'll be sure to introduce you to the rest of the fellahs at Miamisburg.

BTW-Once things warm up, Miamisburg matches really shine, as they have many large outdoor shooting bays!