Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Briley Tube Set questions

TommyC

Hey guys.  My sister-in-law is going to buy a set of Briley 28 ga. tubes for her 12 ga. and asked me a couple of questions that I would like your oppinions on if you don't mind.  

First, will there be any fitting/modification required on her gun.  (she is Not willing to do so.)

Second, how well do the Ultralights hold up.  She likes the thought of less added weight, but is worried that they might not be as durable.

As always, Thanks!!

What kind of gun is she putting them in?  In most cases, Briley must have your gun to fit the tubes and it usually takes 2 weeks or so.  The ultra lite tubes are fine if you do not plan to fire 10k rounds with them.  They should be fine for anything you want to do.

It is a Beretta 686 Onyx O/U that she got as a wedding present from her husband (my brother).  She is WAY over protective of it and just the thought of it having to be modified in any way makes her crazy!  She said she was under the impression that all the actual fitting done by Briley was on the tubes and the gun wasn't changed in any way.  They are apparently closed for the holidays so she hasn't been able to call them and find out yet.

Tommy, tell her to get the Briley companion ultralite tubes.  They do not have to be fitted to your gun.  Just tell Briley what kind of gun it is and the length of barrel and they will ship it to ya.  Have close to 10k rounds thru my 20 ga companion tubes, no problems yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dick W Holliday

if the companion tubes rattle when you close the gun you can put a small  o ring out near the muzzle and that will cure it.....a buddy has some and that was his only gripe but Briley is #1 in my book....Dick

• 1 month later...

I would strongly recommend getting the exact weight of the companion (heavier) and fitted Ultralite tubes and simulating that weight on the barrel befor ordering.  I did not like the weight difference with my tube set and I am a very big guy.  Weight and change of balance is a concern for any clay shooter and I find more so for women.  The new short tubes (Chambermates) might be an alternative.