Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xd .40 Tactial Chrono Results

steel1212

I actually got a chrono....err a buddies :D

With the minor loads I have to use a 16# spring to get it to run reliably, sorry Rich/Scott/Me if it Malfs. I am trying to find a powder that will still be minor and let me use the 18# spring.

Gun: Tac .40 XD hard chromed barrel (and everything else)

180 Bear creek moly coated:

3.3 tightgroup

1.125 Oal

Mixed brass

766.2 AVGFPS

138.6 AVG PF

Might could get away with a smidge less powder and still run with the 16# spring.

180 Bear Creek Moly coated:

3.5 tightgroup

1.125 OAL

Mixed brass

826.3 AVGFPS

148.5 AVG PF

180 Bear creek Moly coated:

3.0 CLAYS

1.125 OAL

Mixed Brass

776.5 AVG FPS

144.74 AVG PF

VERY SOFT!!!

You can go with less powder and it run with the 16# spring. My lee Pro just doesn't like clays.

140 Bear creek moly coated:

4.2 titegroup

1.125 OAL

Mixed brass

871.3 AVG PFS

122 AVG PF

140 Bear creek moly coated:

4.3 titegroup

1.125 OAL

Mixed brass

891.3 AVG FPS

125 AVG PF

4.2 titegroup

1.125 OAL

Mixed brass

941.6 AVG FPS

168.83 AVG PF

4.3 titegroup

1.125 OAL

Mixed brass

969 AVG FPS

175.43 AVG PF

Edited by steel1212

For .40 minor I like a 140 PF load better than trying to limbo down to 125 PF. The gun feels better at 140 PF and it's still super soft, at least this is how I feel about it with my G35. The XD may be different.

I'm all smiles when I know that I've gotten away with a low hit on steel due to the 140 PF load.

My load is Precision 185gr bullet, 3.3 gr of Titegroup, Federal primers, Winchester cases.

For .40 minor I like a 140 PF load better than trying to limbo down to 125 PF. The gun feels better at 140 PF and it's still super soft, at least this is how I feel about it with my G35. The XD may be different.

I'm all smiles when I know that I've gotten away with a low hit on steel due to the 140 PF load.

My load is Precision 185gr bullet, 3.3 gr of Titegroup, Federal primers, Winchester cases.

Yeah, I may end up with useing TG as it meters very well for me, more so than clays anyway. Clays is just so damn soft its not funny and still 140ish PF!!

I tried Clays too, and it was a bit softer than Titegroup for the same respective power factors. My decision was that under recoil the Titegroup load returned the sights to their origin and the Clays load didn't.

I wrote it off to just being a quirk of the load and gun combo. I'm sure anyone out there could have opposite results with slightly different hardware.

I tried Clays too, and it was a bit softer than Titegroup for the same respective power factors. My decision was that under recoil the Titegroup load returned the sights to their origin and the Clays load didn't.

I wrote it off to just being a quirk of the load and gun combo. I'm sure anyone out there could have opposite results with slightly different hardware.

With my XD and clays it SEEMS to move up just a touch and then right back on. I just loaded up enough to try function and to chrono. I'll load up 100 of each next time and do some timer drills and see which one is better.

Pickles,

How is the smoke with the Precision 185 gr.Moly bullet and the TG?

I just ordered a thousand today and am anxious to try them out. I had used the 155 gr Precision and liked it but it wasn't as soft as the 180 gr Master Blaster moly. The MB bullet smoked too much.

JFS

Titegroup and the Precision Black Bullet smokes a bit. I've never used the Master Blaster, so I can't offer a direct comparison. A 8 shot string from one position isn't obscured by the smoke by the 8th shot, that's probably the best common reference point I can offer.

This combo doesn't smoke too badly. It's not as good a a jacketed bullet with Titegroup, but it's not bad.

• 2 weeks later...
Titegroup and the Precision Black Bullet smokes a bit. I've never used the Master Blaster, so I can't offer a direct comparison. A 8 shot string from one position isn't obscured by the smoke by the 8th shot, that's probably the best common reference point I can offer.

This combo doesn't smoke too badly. It's not as good a a jacketed bullet with Titegroup, but it's not bad.

I shot around 110 rounds of 3.0 clays under 180 bear creeks at the match sunday. I shot my fastest B classifier ever and on the hoser stage 3 I just couldn't pull the trigger fast enough as I was still seeing the sights!