Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lee Expander/powder Through Die W/dillon 550

I purchased the Lee 4 die set (9mm) for my 550. I have everything set except for the powder drop. The Dillon powder dropper does not fasten to the top of the Lee die, thus the actuator in the die does not move the mechanism in the powder dropper. I must be doing something wrong as there has to be other people using Lee dies in their 550. I am new to the 550 world as I was using a Lee Pro1000 previously.

I did a search as was not able to come up with anything. I hope someone can help me out. thanks

I purchased the Lee 4 die set (9mm) for my 550. I have everything set except for the powder drop. The Dillon powder dropper does not fasten to the top of the Lee die, thus the actuator in the die does not move the mechanism in the powder dropper. I must be doing something wrong as there has to be other people using Lee dies in their 550. I am new to the 550 world as I was using a Lee Pro1000 previously.

I did a search as was not able to come up with anything. I hope someone can help me out. thanks

If you still have the Lee Powder Measure, put it on the Lee Powder die and you are in business.

If you don't, you need a Dillon Powder Die and the little actuator that is part of the caliber conversion. Then you attach the Dillon powder measure and start loading.