Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Take Em - SteveZ

Flexmoney

This is from SteveZ...moved here from another thread:

For my submission ( http://www.stageexchange.com/Stages/take_em.pdf ), I included a mandatory reload (as many classifiers do). However that presents a problem....because as you pointed out above, they like to present the potential classifiers to GM's at major matches to get a feel for realistic HHF. Since you can only require mandatory reloads in Classifiers and Level III matches don't let you bend the freestyle requirements like club matches do, you run into a bit of a catch-22 situation. John said he had some other ideas how he could possibly get my "classifier" submitted. :)

Requireing a reengagment of the same targets is a bad idea under comstock.

Steel can't be used for Vvirginia.

I don't think this one can be saved.

Yikes...now we're dragging up the dead! :D

Ok..here's are my thoughts when I designed this classifier over a year ago. At the time, I was very much into Lim-10 (now shooting Limited instead) and PSSD wasn't even official (or semi-official) yet. So what I was trying to do is incorporate steel and paper in the same stage, get the round count up and maintain no more than 9 rounds from a single position.

So I came up with this and made it comstock letting the shooter decide when and how they wanted to shoot it. I know its not a good idea to allow re-engagement of targets because it allows the shooter to "fix" a problem and for classifiers, thats not a good idea...but the extra shots to fix any misses is going to kill their run anyways.

I've run this at club matches and gotten favorable feedback. Most people engage T1-T4 with two rounds on the first pass and also engage the steel....do the reload and re-engage T1-T4 (picking up any misses on the steel on the second pass). I had the chance to watch a couple PSSD shooters shoot it also...one was shooting minor and the other was shooting major. Both took interesting ways of solving the problem.

However, now with the new draft rulebook, this classifier is dead. The new restriction is no more than 8 rounds from a single shooting position and that pretty much kills this one.