Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multi-gun Time Plus Scoring?

ysued

Keep in mind there are two time based scoring methods. Straight time plus penalty scoring is just that. Your total time plus any penalties. I don't actually know of any big matches using this method of scoring.

Right...like IDPA.

Most of the big matches use time/plus then use the top time to set a high factor for the stage and everyone else is a percentage of him.

Sure...that is how the scoring of the stage points are awarded, but that isn't the same as setting the hit factor.

Hit factor is a ratio of points per second. Which is the same exact thing as a ratio of seconds per point.

[if anybody really cares, I'll type out the explanations...]

I didn't realize that IDPA was running three gun matches, what this thread is about. I don't really understand your point on the second half. Did I say anything about a hit factor? I'm talking about stages points which is how the match is scored at the end.

I think everyone, myself included at times, needs to do two things with regard to posting on this forum regardless of topic.

Read the post you are replying to. Read it again and then one more time for clarity. If there are references to a rule, read the rule.

Then write your post, read your post, read your post again. THink for a few seconds how it would sound if your reply were to you from the other guy and his post was yours.

We might all find that on many topics we are much closer than we at first think and on others where there may well be great difference of opinion, that we find a middle ground, or maybe even reach the conclusion that one side may in fact be correct. I will admit that my opinions can be changed given facts to support a change. I do not however feel that "Because" is a fact, or a valid argument. I am also in favor of looking out for the dreaded "Unintended Consequences" that so many seemingly innocent rule changes have saddled us with.

Jim

I think everyone, myself included at times, needs to do two things with regard to posting on this forum regardless of topic.

Read the post you are replying to. Read it again and then one more time for clarity. If there are references to a rule, read the rule.

Then write your post, read your post, read your post again. THink for a few seconds how it would sound if your reply were to you from the other guy and his post was yours.

We might all find that on many topics we are much closer than we at first think and on others where there may well be great difference of opinion, that we find a middle ground, or maybe even reach the conclusion that one side may in fact be correct. I will admit that my opinions can be changed given facts to support a change. I do not however feel that "Because" is a fact, or a valid argument. I am also in favor of looking out for the dreaded "Unintended Consequences" that so many seemingly innocent rule changes have saddled us with.

Jim

There you go again, spreading wisdom!!

Stop it!!

Y