Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Working Over The Holidays?

Micah

Showed a property today (New Years Eve) this afternoon that my buyers fell in love with.

Hunted down the sellers agent and disclosures in a snow storm.

Wrote an offer, obtained signatures, and finally left the office at 8:00P.M.

Traffic in the lane of the extra mile is empty. :D

FM

I work 7 days on followed by 7 days off. This creates interesting sequences on the calendar. My schedule is Mon - Sun. I was scheduled off this Christmas. Specific calendar events with the same date move forward one day every year with the exception being leap years when the date will move forward two days. That being the case I will be off on Christmas until 2011. In 2012 I will begin working Christmas through 2016.

This schedule also makes my shooting schedule interesting. My two favorite matches occur on the 2nd and 3rd Sundays of every month. I am able to shoot the 2nd Sunday match until there is a calendar month with 5 Sundays. Then the sequence changes and I will be off to shoot the 3rd Sunday match until a month comes along with 5 Sundays again.

This schedule always makes major events a coin toss. Can't tell you how many times I will be trying to forecast whether I will be off for something in the coming year. I grab a calendar and it goes something like "working, off, working, off, working, off.....CRAP gotta work that week." The ones I like go something like "working, off, working, off, working.....COOL, I can go to the nationals this year!" :D