Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rifle And Shotgun Pics From Days Gone By!

uscbigdawg

Got home and took some pics to take with me down range. Got the idea from stingerjg having pics of his Open gun on the wall of his hooch in Iraq. I'll be in a similar boat in Aghani-land. Reading and watching all things IPSC/USPSA/IMGA until I return. So figured I'd share some with ya'll.

First 3-Gun Rifle (Colt/JP AR circa 1997-ish):

For the pic I have a Sightron 2.5-7x32 SG scope on there. It's my varmint rifle now. The Aimpoint I threw on there for giggles.

Colt-JP-Open2.jpg

Colt-JP-Open1.jpg

Most recent 3-Gun Rifle (Colt/JP/Voigt AR circa 2004 and an ass kicker!):

TA01NSN w/ JPoint mounted on top (removed to be put on the new rifle), 18" SS 1:8 Oly barrel. .25 MOA all day long!

Colt-JP-Tac1.jpg

Colt-JP-Tac2.jpg

[to be continued]

Current 3-Gun Rifle (Cavalry Arms/Triangle Shooting Sports/AMS Machine):

TA01NSN w/ AMS Mount for a JPoint, FF rail system, 16" 1:9 CM barrel. This rifle is why I won't have another one longer than 16" again 'cept with a mid-length gas system (just for you Mike Pinto!)

DSCN0043-2.jpg

DSCN0044-2.jpg

DSCN0045-2.jpg

[continued tres tiempos mas]

DSCN0047-2.jpg

DSCN0049-2.jpg

DSCN0052-2.jpg

[Dos Mas (maybe)!]

Plinkin'/Practice Rifle (got this idea from Wayne Holloway for side matches):

Colt-CZ-22-4.jpg

Colt-CZ-22-3.jpg

Colt-CZ-22-2.jpg

Colt-CZ-22-1.jpg

[Last one comin']

Last but not least the ol' reliable 1100. While "replaced" by the M2, this one served me very well and guaranteed that it'll be dusted off more than once in the future (wife already wants for her own):

DSCN0019-2.jpg

DSCN0017-2.jpg

DSCN0018-2.jpg

Crazy coming home to see my toys still in one piece and even kinda clean (thanks Dad <_< ). One of the few times cleaning these things won't be a chore though.

Rich

P.S. Sorry for the crappy pictures.

Last but not least the ol' reliable 1100. While "replaced" by the M2, this one served me very well and guaranteed that it'll be dusted off more than once in the future (wife already wants for her own):

DSCN0019-2.jpg

DSCN0017-2.jpg

DSCN0018-2.jpg

Crazy coming home to see my toys still in one piece and even kinda clean (thanks Dad <_< ). One of the few times cleaning these things won't be a chore though.

Rich

P.S. Sorry for the crappy pictures and sorry for any 'flooding' (to the moderators)

Don't know why it double posted the scatter gun pics (and isn't letting me delete the extras), but I'll try later on and clean them up.

Rich

How did I know that was going to be your favorite. :P

The upper that's on there is definitely temporary. North Carolina has it's advantages and I see either an 11.5" or 14.5" barrel in his future. To make life simple though, I will probably just lop the excess barrel off, have it re-crowned and re-threaded for the Rolling Thunder.

The rail system on there I've been testing for AMS Machine. Really sweet. It's a free float rail system, but to get there you don't have to disassemble the upper. You simply pop off the handguards and you assemble the two halves of Tom's rail system to your rifle. A true free float and strong as anything out there.

The next generation is either going to be a mid-length or rifle length. I'm trying to convince Tom to go with the latter.

I love this rifle though. It's light (even with the rail), fast and accurate! DPMS barrels are solid and having the whole thing assembled and cleaned up by Benny Hill made it perfect!!!

Rich

The cool part was initially my CO authorized me to take the entire upper with me overseas (the upper that Benny built). The plan was to throw it in my tough box, get in country, throw out the issued M-4 upper (w/ M68 mounted on it), pull the M-4 BCG and put it in mine. Took it to a range a couple of weeks ago and to say that the Rolling Thunder compensator is effective is an understatement. In a 28 round mag, the first 20-ish were in the A-zone at 25m......oh...I was shooting full-auto. The others climbed to about the time of the C. That was me probably peaking though.

However, as things change for the uncool side, I won't be taking that upper with me down range. So, since we're actually running half way decent rifles over there (even they do have the Hartford Horsey on them) it's definitely better than the M-16 I previously had.

Rich

I would not take anything over there that you do not mind losing in one way or another. I would not take my own upper, etc. I did take the EOTECH but the Army is issuing so many scopes now it is literally luck of the draw as to what your unit will get issued.

I was the OIC to return an Infantry BCT back through Kuwait earlier this year - the customs rules change (or at least the interpretation of the rules) as inspectors, etc. rotate. Odds are strong that a personal upper, etc. would be help up in the Customs inspection.

Issue M4 with ACOG is the heat to me for the current mission fpr majority of soldiers.

I agree, but wasn't worried about it being held up. We take our own MP's for that reason (among others). That said, the M-4 w/ M-68 isn't bad. The reality is that as a flight medic, if I need more than that, we got bigger issues.

Rich

Hi Todd,

I offered to Yolo and NCPS to host a match on the 31st of January (5th Sunday). I offered to build ALL the stages, do the scorekeeping, setup and tear down. To Yolo, I added that all the proceeds would go to the Yolo Sportsman's Junior Rifle Team. No interest since it was "New Year's Eve" and ranges were closing early.

So, the only trigger time I'll get will be either at Richmond on Saturday at practice or during the week at Yolo on the specialty range there. Bottom line though is outside of going to Norco, there's no chance of me getting a match in between now and Jan. 2nd.

Northern California is gettin' soft on its shooting...especially when someone offers to do EVERYTHING (not like I have other stuff to do as I'm on leave).

Rich

The Ultimate Chrono Killa

750,000+ rnds and still going strong. My Grandfather used this gun to win a couple of State Championships and literaly a ton of silver. Every year for our Christmas Party I use a bunch of the Silver for serving goodies on ;)

TrapGun.jpg

My original AR from about 10 years ago (has it really been that long?)

-Bushmaster 16" A1, w/ heavy bbl, Hogue handguard and grip, Smith post-ban comp.

ARbackintheday.jpg

Same lower, new flat top upper and 16" M4 bbl, Miculek comp, full length handguard, Fulton adjustable stock, JP trigger. I did the change over about 5-6 years ago.

121403160052AA.jpg

After the fall of the stupid ban on stuff to make your guns cool. I changed over the handguard to YHM 4 rail, 6 pos stock, and a flash suppressor just cause i could.

M4ergy.jpg

Now the shoties

I started out w/ a Browning Gold about 5 years ago. I added a mag tube from SRM and a few Briley chokes. It was a great gun for limited, but I wanted to shoot open.

shotgunright.jpg

Ive since moved on to a Rem 1100CM. I can use it w/ speedloaders and have a chance of keeping up w/ the open shooters.

121403212208AA.jpg