Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brian's Book (practical Shooting, Beyond Fundamentals)

Gumby

I'm trying to learn the straight thumbs grip. Does Brian's book cover the straight thumbs grip in detail? Does it include pictures of the straight thumbs grip from multiple angles?

So far I've only seen the straight thumbs grip from the side, from the front )gun pointed at the camera), and from below-ish (small pic above forum).

Thanks

Thanks. I think I'll go ahead and get Brian's book then.

I've also been planning on getting Ron Avery's tapes (although I wish he had them on DVD). Glad to hear confirmation that it's worth the money.

I haven't seen much shooting of Matt Burkett. Actually, I haven't seen Brian Enos shoot much either. I've seen Ron Avery and Todd Jarrett on youtube, and was very impressed with both of them. That's why they are both top picks for instructional books/videos. If Todd Jarrett had a video I would definitely buy it.

Todd Jarrett does have a video. And... the general consensus is that its really not worth the money - the YouTube stuff is better...

I haven't seen Ron's tapes, but one of my buds in this area has taken training from Ron and sings his praises.

I've taken training from Matt, and have all the vids. Vol. 1-3 are great for a starting shooter, covering basically everything you need to get started up. Go over to http://www.burkettvideo.com and check out the promos...