Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dmw Easyloader

Griff

I assume you have an 11-87 SP? If so, the EZ loader (properly fitted) is not only the best way to go, but the only way in 3-gun (unless you shoot open)

Mike

And.... Welcome to the best competitive shooting forum there is!!

Edited by mike_pinto

The DMW gadget is great. There are threads (with pictures) already for you to locate with the search feature on installing them, shortening them, smoothing the loading path, and even Shawn Carlock's fix for the feed latch. Works great shoots soft.

Billski

When you put the easy loader in, take a couple extra minutes to do it so that everything fits properly. If it isn't just right...and you take needle nose pliers to "tweak" that little carrier release just a hair...you end up with a miniature box of scrap metal! Practice will make perfect, and the second time around will go better if you learn from the first time! :huh:

The DMW gadget is great. There are threads (with pictures) already for you to locate with the search feature on installing them, shortening them, smoothing the loading path, and even Shawn Carlock's fix for the feed latch. Works great shoots soft.

Billski

Would you mind posting a link to the thread with pictures on the install of the Easy Loader? I can't seem to find them.

Thanks!

For tactical division, whatever you feel comfortable with and can stuff alot of bullets in. It ranges from the Best, which is one of Benny Hill's 6" STI's to an off the shelf Glock. The good thing about non-USPSA 3-gun matches is that there is no minor or major power factor, so light loads in 9mm with high capacity is the ticket in my opinion. I shoot a tricked out CZ SP01, but if I had the dough or was starting over, it would be a TSS 6" Fat Free from Benny. Maybe some day it still will..

• 2 weeks later...
For tactical division, whatever you feel comfortable with and can stuff alot of bullets in. It ranges from the Best, which is one of Benny Hill's 6" STI's to an off the shelf Glock. The good thing about non-USPSA 3-gun matches is that there is no minor or major power factor, so light loads in 9mm with high capacity is the ticket in my opinion. I shoot a tricked out CZ SP01, but if I had the dough or was starting over, it would be a TSS 6" Fat Free from Benny. Maybe some day it still will..

Thanks for the information about the pistol for this class. Have installed the Easyloader and went to the range this morning and everything functioned great. The only question is how much does everybody want for the release, 1/8 inch or more?

Thank you, Rich

I have 12ga. Rem SP and would like to install a DMW easyloader is this the best way to go.

Rich

Once again, I have a problem and would like your expertise and advice. Have installed the easyloader, but the slide does not lock open on the last round. You can manually pull back the bolt and it will lock open. Any help will be appreciated.

Rich

My earlier post about shaving enough off the "two prongs that stick straight up" until the EZ loader travels 3/4 of the way up before it releases your bolt will correct the problem. There is alot more movement when you fire that last shot then when you manually rack it. Hence why it locks back on manual rack and not last shot. Even when you shave those enough, it is still 50/50 (from what I've seen) on if it will lock back everytime.