Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C- more dot fade

Law Dawg

Just recently, I noticed that the dot on my c-more scope fades out completely outdoors. I thought that i might need a new battery, so i got one and the dot remained the same. I can barely see the dot indoors. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

A few months ago I came across some posts regarding the cmore dot and how to clean it. This might not have any impact on your question but you might be able to use it.

As Flex has said that your dot module ( thingy that produces the light ) might be dirty, you can try this solution.

The best and safest way to clean the C-More Dot Module is with a lens cleaner (Birchwood Casey or something similar) and a small, soft bristled brush. Don't use stiff bristled brushes as they will damage the mask. Don't use a solvent as modules are plastic. The women's cosmetics counter is a good source for cheap, small, soft bristled brushes.

Flood the Dot Module with lens cleaner and work the fluid in the hole with the brush. Use a lot of fluid and press the brush in and out over the hole. Repeating the procedure a few times for 20 or 30 seconds completely cleans out the hole without damaging the LED or the mask.

Hope it works.

The best way I have found to clean the module is with compressed air.  What I have neen doing lately is taking the new modules and putting a drop of super glue over the hole to provide a type of lens cap so the dirt cannot get down into the hole.  I have been doing this for about a year on quite a few different guns and no problems so far.I use a 4 min dot on my personal gun and it is still going strong.