Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great Gunsmith

Bird_Dog0347

I decided I wanted a new front sight on my STI as I did not really care for the EGW that was on it and I wanted a Dawson. The problem was, I had no idea what front sight cut it was, so I did not know what to order. Well, after asking around and researching, I found Mike Caylor just right down the road from me north of DFW. I called him up and told him what I needed and made an appointment. Well, I got up there and handed him my gun so he could measure the dovetail and then order my sight. He started looking over the pistol checking every nook and cranny, then he showed me a few things that were wrong with the gun, and took the time to explain what the problem was, WHY it was a problem, he then showed me the CAUSE of the problem and asked if I wanted him to fix it. Now I had just gotten the gun running pretty reliably, but I had to put in a heavy recoil spring and up my load over 125pf to get it to cycle properly every time. Well, he went through it head to toe while I waited, cleaned up the trigger as it was occasionally doubling on me, and once again showed me how, why, and the fix for the problem. After all that, he did replace the front sight for me, he even had it in stock!!! I shot the gun today in an IDPA match, and it ran perfect!

Now some people might not like that he started doing all that when it simply came in for a front sight replacement, but he was not trying to up the charge at all, and was EXTREMELY fair with his price. I mean EXTREMELY.... He really takes his time and makes sure everything will run 100% before it leaves his shop. He showed me his personal limited blaster that he says has over 106K rounds through it in .40, and even more from the .45 top-end. I have found my gunsmith from now on. That said, like all other really good smiths, he is very busy. But when it comes time for my next build, he is my guy...

http://www.caylor-custom.com/

I just took hold of my first Caylor Custom build..

I handed mr caylor ( Ok Mike ) mr caylor is is dad

as he has told me several times....

Well ok gave him a enterprise frame and sti slide

with several parts and two weeks ago I picked the black beauty

up .. Shot it this week in a brief outing to feed the cows & WoW

Yes WoW the gun was awesome , Will be taking it to Area 4 as a back up

hope to get 100 plus rounds through it this weekend.. but will have to see

what all goes on... Pictures will follow when I get the wifes camera back.

post-1959-1163037310.jpg

post-1959-1163037335.jpg

Edited by supercomp9