Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

+/- Of Dawson Fo Front Sight Thickness W/ Heinie Slant Pro Rear?

luxone

I recently ordered sights for my new Glock 34. I purchased the Heinie Slant Pro rear with the .125 Dawson Fiber Optic front. I am new to USPSA matches (shot my fourth match last Sunday) and am not very experienced with the pluses and minuses of sight thickness. I chose the .125 Dawson front based soley on the fact that my stock Glock front sight is .156 thick and allows a minimum of light on either side when looking through the rear. I was hoping some more experienced folks could give there input on front sight thickness.

I was also wondering if changing to different sites will change my sight picture. I am accustomed to, and like, covering what I want to hit with the dot on my front site as opposed to placing my front at the 6 o'clock position. Will this change with my new sites.

Any input on these issues is greatly appreciated.

I also have the Heinie rear and purchased the .090 Dawson. I went with the .090 because most of the shooters I know like the thin front sight. I used the for about 6 weeks and removed them. I decided to go back to the Hienie front cause the Dawson was just to thin. I plan on buying the same one you did and see if I like that better.

Sights are like buying a couch, you need to sit in a bunch of them before you find the right one for you.

If you find that you don't care for the front sight I would be happy to trade you, or sell you the .090 for $20.00

Joneser

I also have the Heinie rear and purchased the .090 Dawson. I went with the .090 because most of the shooters I know like the thin front sight. I used the for about 6 weeks and removed them. I decided to go back to the Hienie front cause the Dawson was just to thin. I plan on buying the same one you did and see if I like that better.

Sights are like buying a couch, you need to sit in a bunch of them before you find the right one for you.

If you find that you don't care for the front sight I would be happy to trade you, or sell you the .090 for $20.00

Joneser

Joneser,

I may be interested in the Dawson FO sight.

What is the height, and how did the elevation work out with the Heine slant pro rear? Did it shoot low/high or POA?

I currently have the Heines on my G34 and G22.

Let me know.

Thanks

JFS

I think the factory width (or close) is to fat. I shot the Dawson FO .105 for the last year on my G22 and liked the width with the Heinie slant pro rear. I ended up hitting the FO with some sight black, because the FO was hurting my accuracy at distance. I recently changed to a Glock Custom Racing .90 wide, .215 tall plain black serrated front sight and like it even better. Still using the same Heinie Slant Pro Rear. YMMV.

Nick-