Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

More 650 Newby Questions

I have searched the FAQs and forums and did not see these addressed. I have a 650 that came setup for .40S&W. I am in the middle of setting it up for the first time. Have the size die in station one and adjusted. Now on to station two. The instructions say to adjust the powder die down until the powder measure fully cycles, then add 1/2 or 1 full turn to add a small bell to the case. I had to crank it down several turns before it would bell the case. Is this normal?

Second. I just have the clear case feeder tube and purple adapter on it for now and will mount the case feeder after everything is setup. If I put one case in the tube and cycle the machine, the case will feed to station one normally. With more than one case in the tube, the bottom case will only exit half way and not drop. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks, and have really learned a lot reading this forum.

Edited by Navy Shooter

Powder die adjustement is typical. Just be sure the case mouth is flared about .010" larger than a sized, unflared case mouth to ensure the powder bar consistantly travels the full length.

Be sure there is a short red sleeve in the pivoting arm. Purple is correct for the case feed adapter. Otherwise, phone Dillon when you can be in front of the loader. :ph34r: