Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz Tac Sport

jkushner1

I am in the US. The gun is legal for Limited class for which it is designed and meets the 140mm specs by 5mm. I load 19+1 of .40, the last round goes in effortlessly. The gun out points, out performs, outshoots by more 1.5" at 23 meters my STI Edge .40. The mag springs are Glock high cap and the base pads are retail production, they can be bought at:

http://www.taylorfreelance.com/a_glock_guy_with_a_cz.htm

This manufacturer is also an executive at the USPSA, so he knows the rules and complied throughout design. The Grips are Matfakta - I like them a lot. I could not get the Matfakta Alum Magwell to work with these basepads, but a more technically inclined person could easily. I also tried Matfakta's single return spring trigger, very nice, but I was to used the CZ Comp USA Metal SA replacement trigger (both the TS and IPSC ST are 2.0# pull). I use and helped develop Sprinco's Recoil reducing guide rod (the gun pictured in the holster was the prototype Sprinco used to develop their guide rod for this gun). I exclusively use Wolff's CZ only (full size for std CZ 75/85/Sp-01) recoil spring at 11 pounds with CZ OEM buffer after break in, during break in, I use Buffer Tech's buffer because its narrower until the gun wears a little. Both guns picutred had the OEM LPA adjustable sight, both were quickly removed for CZ's Fixed rear sight - which in my opinion is the best OFM fixed sight ever manufactured (all my guns are IPSC specific, I have sold a lot, and am down to 27 IPSC Hanguns, of which 8 are CZ's - I only compete with CZ's (Mainly with an SP-01 in Production Division). My current project that Matt Mink and I have going is a:

A Production Gun shooting .40 minor - new CZ 75 .40 Compact, I have rec'd Mike E's 2nd Gen mag mods, so the feed problem is gone. It will be my Bedell Shorty for Production.

Some toys - see attachments, the AR 15 is Al Zitta's new Gas Trap .223 Carbine with JP Quik Sight, Leupold CQT, Single Point Bungee Sling, Ergo Grip, Zitta Strike Plate Compensator; I have not shot it yet - trying to get to the range.

Basepads and Springs:

http://www.taylorfreelance.com/a_glock_guy_with_a_cz.htm

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 2:25 AM

To:

Subject: CZ75 Magazine Base Pad ( Brian's Forums... Maku mozo! )

jkushner1,

H2O has sent you this email from http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php.

Hi there,

I saw your CZ75 IPSC magazine base pad was modified. I have the following doubts:

1- With magazine inserted will it fix in the "Box"

2- You moidified your own or your buy it some whereelse?

3- Will it available for 18+1?

Thanks

post-4151-1162002360.jpg

post-4151-1162002394.jpg

post-4151-1162002430.jpg

I'm glad I read your post, I've been struggling with getting the taylor CZ +2.5 basepads to work with my Makfakta magwell. It's a beautiful addition to my CZ tac sport but won't work with the 19 rounds that I get with the basepads. I thought Angus was working on a magwell.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the magwell Angus is selling now (November 2006) is the MatFatka product, though I may be mistaken. I just got my aluminum grips and magwell in on Saturday and installed that night. Noticed that the TF +2.5's impact slightly on the magwell, looks to me like just on the rear corners. Tonight's project will be reshaping them slightly to fully seat with the magwell. Other than that slight problem with my equipment, I'm very pleased with the products I received from Angus, excellent fit and finish, installation was a snap.

Looking foreward to using my new toys in an upcoming match. Hope my Para's don't get jealous, though.

I have the nearly identical CZ "Standard IPSC" for sale in the classified section. Here is the link:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41442

and,

there are some CZ Tactical Sport/Standard IPSC accessories and a holster available for sale through this site:

www.ghostholster.com

and, more info on these two sites:

www.czforum.com and

www.czshooters.com

Finally, check out www.strictlyIPSC.com too.

Gun is still for sale as of today (Monday 11/20).

I think the magwell Angus is selling now (November 2006) is the MatFatka product, though I may be mistaken.

The magwells and grips Angus sells are from the Czech Republic, and are generally more angular than the Swedish Matfakta parts. Matfakta is sadly no longer in business. Jon's smooth grips are from Matfakta, see his attached pics, the ones from Angus have asymmetric recesses.

Yes they are Matfakta grips, I like them more than Angus's - couldnt get Matfakta's Magwell to work well with the TF plus 2.5's, so I bought two more OFM magwells from CZ. The OFM magwell isnt all that bad. Matfakta had a single return spring trigger that I ran for a while but wanted my two guns to be similar in feel so went back to the alloy CZ Comp USA SA trigger. One thing I dont like if the cutting off of the mainspring cap pin required for Angus's Magwell, Matfaktas didnt require that - just ended up over shaping 2-3 TF +2.5's, then decided toi stick with the OFM magwell. These guns shoot great.

Jon

I only had to remove a very small bit of the pin to get my Angus magwell on, then trim the upper rear corners of the TF +2.5's so they would seat. This done, I ran about 200 rounds through it today without so much as a hiccup.

This blaster will take a bit of getting used to. I noticed my splits weren't as quick as with my Para's. Different feel, different recoil impulse, ect. But I ain't giving up!

Ken,

That's great news you reported. How much of the "upper rear corners" are you removing. With the Makfakta magwell I ended up taking up too much and cracked the basepads where they slide on to the mag tube. I'm concerned that you have to remove material from frame to fit the new magwell.

Albert