Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Reset Problem After Trigger Job

elenius

I started tinkering with my glock: I did the $0.25 trigger job, plus reduced power striking and trigger springs and stock 3.5# connector, all from glockmeister. The trigger is much much nicer indeed!

I have a problem though. If I pull the trigger half-way, and then release it, it does not always reset to its original position, with the safety enabled. Sometimes it gets stuck in the half-pressed position, with the middle part of the trigger still pushed in enough to disable the safety. Not sure if I caused this with my amateurish tinkering, but I guess it's pretty likely... How can I fix this/what did I do wrong? I'm guessing that my polishing created an edge somewhere where something gets stuck instead of sliding off like it's supposed to.

When I added the RS drop in kit to my G34, it had the same problem. After dryfiring for about a week, it completely went away. It sounds like you've done everything correctly...just put some miles on your new setup and see if it tightens up.

You will have to experiment with different combos of trigger/striker/safety plunger springs to see which feels best and maintains a safe pull. It took me a little while to get it right, get a trigger from vanek and call it a day.

the relationship between the weight of the striker spring and the triger bar spring is such that if the striker sprig is not as powerful as the bar the bar will move back and stay . the solution is to stetch the triger spring just a touch.

if you are using a gmiester triger spring and a reduced power striker spring you can have problems. try a stock bar spring with a 4 pnd strikerspring .problem usualy goes away.

I use stock bar springs as they last longer than any aftermarket,

If you have moved the hole location then a streach may be needed also.

johnnie

I'm not at the heating and drilling stage yet, so I just put the original trigger bar spring back. This solved the problem! I also put Brian's Slide Glide #3 on all the connecting metal parts. The trigger is a tiny bit heavier, but the pull is much much cleaner. It breaks really crisp, no creep as far as I can tell! Thanks guys! :)