Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wheelguns Rule

bountyhunter

I shot a 293/300 with a 4" barreled SW66 at 25 yard bullseye league (stock class) looking down iron sights.  That's damn good shooting for an old man.  I'm more proud of that score than the 296 I shot with my SW686 in open class with the red dot sighter in the same league.

BH,

Cool...I think.  I have zero experience with bulls-eye (with or without the revolver.)

What do you think contributed to your success with the iron sights?

(Edited by Flexmoney at 10:26 pm on May 24, 2002)

My improvement on iron sights is due to my "peep sighter" that hooks to the lense of my glasses.  I can see the target and sights at the same time and both are pretty clear using the sighter.  I also got new shooting glasses.

Our bullseye league shoots at the standard NRA piostol target "B-8" with the black center about 6" in diameter (that's the "9" ring) and the "10" ring is about 2 1/4" in diameter.  Thirty rounds fired total in six sets of five.  10 rounds slow fire (2 minute), 10 rounds medium fire (20 seconds per set) and 10 rounds fast (10 seconds per five set).  A score of 293 means 23 rounds in the "10" and seven rounds in the "9".

Between TravisT and BE, I now think about eye fatigue.  Do you think this peeper-sight helps in that regard...making it easier to focus, both clearer and for longer periods of time?

Could it carry over to action pistol?

It makes it easier for me to focus because I no longer have to strain to focus on the front sight.  I am not sure about action shooting.  The peep sighter narrows your field of vision (it's like looking through a hole), so it may not be good for speed shooting.  I suspect if I start speed shooting again, I won't be able to use it because you have to exactly center the target and sight in the hole to get a clear image.