Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I've tried Blue Moon a couple of times. Never found I liked it.

Somehow it still seems popular. I've seen it mentioned here by a few fans.

Great name. Nice gimmick (served with an orange slice). But, I just don't recall thinking the taste was good.

Am I missing something?

I voted "Take it or leave it"

I'll drink it if it's the only choice. There are so many better examples of this style (white beer) that this one doesn't impress me. It's made by Coors for cripes sake, how could it be really good. This beer along with Magic Hat #9 (a very poor example of an IPA) are the 2 "in" beers in my area.

If you want to taste a decent white, try Troegs Dreamweaver, Sam Adams White Ale, Ommegang Witte, Weyerbacher Blanche, or of course, Hoegaarden Witbier.

Beer is one of my passions.

Either that, or I'm a drunk, I forget which.

:P;)

When we toured the Coors brewery in Golden CO a few years back, we had some very fresh Blue Moon. It was the best I've ever had, and it turned my wife from a "ehh, beer's OK" person to a "damn, that's GOOD BEER!" person. She constantly measures every subsequent Blue Moon to that one we had on the tour, and they all come up short in her opinion.

Since we live in Memphis, we toured the Coors brewery here recently. Even though they make Blue Moon (and Zima -- gack!) here, it didn't seem as fresh. Now that brewery's sold and shuttered at the moment.

I do enjoy Blue Moon, but it's the kind of beer I have to be in the mood for. Same thing with the stouts -- I can't drink them in the summer or when I'm hot, but I do love them given the right circumstances.

Edited by Ken Mays

• 2 weeks later...