Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The One And Only Murse

JohnRodriguez

Wow.... a murse... cool.

All I know, murse or not this was the hardest stage in the match for me. I had a good plan from what I thought (L-10), but it was definitely a challenge and I spent more time thinking about what I had to do next and not so much the shooting part.

What might have been more fair and more simple to regulate would have been to have a bunch of tables or barrels where you could place mags or loaders/clips anywhere throughout the stage like they did for one of the stages at single stack nationals.

In any case, I did enjoy the stage, but it was a work out both mentally and physically!

All the best,

Julie

Julie, we could call it a sporran, but none of us wear a kilt. All grumbling aside, Stage 14 points up the need for stage designers to consider all Divisions, and all the usual gamer approaches to stage deconstruction, when coming up with "a neat idea."

Back in the old days, when I was running our club, I'd get the game shooters to look at stages. I'd invite them to find the weaknesses and tell me how they'd avoid doing what I wanted them to do.

Face it, if we were happy just plinking, none of us would be at the Nationals. If there's an advantage to be gained, someone will think of it.

A slight thread drift here: I once designed a rifle stage that had a cruel start: Viriginia scoring, with only as many rounds as you needed, split among four magazines. All four in a bag to start. You could simply carry the bag (it had a shoulder strap) or fish them out and put them on your belt. The trick was, you never knew when you'd run out of ammo. You had to relaod when it became neccesary, not when you wanted to.

After the match, one of the shooters remarked "Next time I'm bringing my marked magazines, so I'll know how much each has when I pull it out." Leave it to us, we'll figure a way, regardless of the problem.

Julie, we could call it a sporran, but none of us wear a kilt. All grumbling aside, Stage 14 points up the need for stage designers to consider all Divisions, and all the usual gamer approaches to stage deconstruction, when coming up with "a neat idea."

Leave it to us, we'll figure a way, regardless of the problem.

You know... they do make tactical kilts!!! ;)

It is definitely a challenge to make all the divisions happy. You make it too easy the Open/Limited folk are bored. Make it too hard or insanely reload intense the L-10 and Revolver crowd collectively moan... Overall though I thought the match was pretty darn good in this regard.

If the goal was to add a significant amount of "disaster factor" on Stage 14, well they succeeded! In the end as you said, we all figured out a way. The RO's on Stage 14 were real troopers with everything going on from targets, to set up and all the running around. Thanks guys!

I know about the tactikilts. however, NASA still has a restraining order against me. The glare off of my pasty-white legs has been known to disorient navigational satellites. So no kilt, nor shorts, for me.

And I agree that the stage designers did a really good job on this one. Even if it were perfect, we'd still find something to discuss, right?

I know about the tactikilts. however, NASA still has a restraining order against me. The glare off of my pasty-white legs has been known to disorient navigational satellites. So no kilt, nor shorts, for me.

And I agree that the stage designers did a really good job on this one. Even if it were perfect, we'd still find something to discuss, right?

Giggling wildly... Ok... so no leg barring clothing for you! :D