Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xd Extra Capacity Basepads

Nemo

• 3 weeks later...
Barsto has them.
Unless Barsto has something new that is not listed on their site, their basepads are machined billet to fit the contour of the I.D. of their magwell and do not add capacity (at least the four that I have are like that). They do add a little weight in comparison to the OE basepad. A comparison between the OE and Barsto basepads are shown below. While at first blush it may look like the Barsto could yield at least a round increase, the basepad below the mag tube is a little more than 3/8" of solid aluminum.

slampad.JPG

Edited by JD McDorce

Any added capacity basepads (installed length of 140 or less) for the XD9/40 out there?

Thanx!

Take a look at this. http://www.arredondoaccessories.com/catego...=fi22l2540wnvhs

I tried one of these today on a 9mm mag and they work great!! I got all 20 rounds in the mag and it was reloadable! These are very cool! I also liked the fact they felt better than a standard mag during reloads. I like the fact they DO NOT move around at all, and are the same shape at the top as the original basepad! Thanks for a great product Ralph!!

Any added capacity basepads (installed length of 140 or less) for the XD9/40 out there?

Thanx!

Take a look at this. http://www.arredondoaccessories.com/catego...=fi22l2540wnvhs

I tried one of these today on a 9mm mag and they work great!! I got all 20 rounds in the mag and it was reloadable! These are very cool! I also liked the fact they felt better than a standard mag during reloads. I like the fact they DO NOT move around at all, and are the same shape at the top as the original basepad! Thanks for a great product Ralph!!

I'm confused. If the standard 9mm xd mag holds 15 how did you get 20 in there?

[

I'm confused. If the standard 9mm xd mag holds 15 how did you get 20 in there?

The newer 9mm hold 16 with the 40 cal follower.\

About mid summer they all changed over

I was thinking that as I tried that the other day, got 16 in there so it would be 19+1. Us .40 guys are still screwed! 14+1 ain't going to cut it lol.

[i'm confused. If the standard 9mm xd mag holds 15 how did you get 20 in there?

The newer 9mm hold 16 with the 40 cal follower.\

About mid summer they all changed over

I have 15- 16 rounders that fit 17 9mm, no need to change the follower. If you are using the 15 rounders you will have to cut out the dimple to get more in.

Edited by Loves2Shoot

I got a pair of them for the .40 that I'm going to be shooting tomorrow.

FYI, I was able to get 15 in.

ONE more and it'd be solid for Limited. As it is, I'm still going to try it......

Will the arredondo basepads work with barsto magwell?

shane