Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Wheel Gun Is Everybody Using, & What Caliber?

XAFSP

If I remember correctly there were at least 2-3 610's (Gary Cuttitas, Brett Starns, and I think Steve Lowe), 2 25-2's (Sam Carmoney & Pat Sweeney), 1 686 in .38 Super (Bill Nesbitt), and 1 625 with a 6" blue 25-2 barrel (John Bagakis). The rest were 625's, the majority with 5" tubes (myself included).

Nope, I used a 5" 625

#2 = 4" 625 (I used to shoot IDPA exclusively)

#3 = 4" 625 (currently in the hands of Randy Lee for a new cylinder) ;)

686 in .38/.357 for IDPA SSR (displayed on SDM website before sight and grip modifications).

Model 10-2 in .38spl for backup IDPA SSR gun

This year, when I shot a wheelgun I mainly used a 25-2 I did use the 625 (5") at the USPSA Nationals but had the other 625 and the 25-2 just in case.

I have also tinkered with the 646 shooting .40 S&W minor a little, Kind of fun in its own way. gun handles really well and shooting Minor it is really comfortable to shoot.

Will be shooting a 586 in 38 spl either at the Mississippi IDPA or the Ga IDPA state match.......(thinking of going to their Nationals next year).

The Majority of what you will see is a 625 of differing barrel lengths, then some 25s, and 610s thrown in for good luck.

SAM

I’ve not heard of this 686 shooting 38 Super in moon clips, don’t mean to hijack, but can someone point me in a direction to learn more about this creature.

I'm shooting one and I like it a lot. Look at my avatar to see what they look like.

S&W Preformance Center made them a few years ago. I haven't seen them listed on the S&W web site for a while. There are a few used ones out there if you can find one.