Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

115 Gr Jacketed Bullets

MoBigAl

Just got a deal on a bulk order of 115 gr jacketed bullets. They are Speer Uni Core's. Is anybody using them? I'm looking for some load info using Tightgroup, 231, and whatever else is good for this bullet.

Try 4.4 grains TG in 9mm. That was my standby load before moving to 125 grainers.

Just got a deal on a bulk order of 115 gr jacketed bullets. They are Speer Uni Core's. Is anybody using them? I'm looking for some load info using Tightgroup, 231, and whatever else is good for this bullet.

6.4 of VV 3N37, 115 Montana gold JHP, OAL 1.089, 0.375 - very accurate through both my BHP and G-19

I've used about 3k Montana Gold 115gr. FMJ over 5.3gr Winchester Super Field. These loads have a little more recoil and muzzle rise than my 124gr Winchester FMJ over 4.1gr N-320. However, they are a very accurate load. I use a 14lb recoil spring when I shoot the 115gr and a 12lb when I shoot 124gr and 147gr bullets.

Chris

Thanks for the info. I'm leaning toward working with the TG loads. I've never loaded with this powder but have heard mostly positive comments about it. I know 231 tends to be a little more snappy and always left plenty of grunge to clean up.

Hope th TG is a little softer and cleaner...

In my experience Titegroup was "snappy" not "soft" with 124gr bullets and would be even less soft with 115gr bullets due to the larger powder charge. Titegroup is very soft with 147gr. bullets because a 3.0 to 3.3gr powder charge can be used. Folks I know use medium speed powders such as AA5, Universal, N330, and even Unique for 9mm 115gr bullets.

For a wealth of information about loading 9mm for our sport, go to the Reloading section of CZForum.

Chris

3.9+/- grains of CLAYS may be worth trying in a 9mm with 115's. My Bianchi load is 4.2 gr CLAYS in .38 Super with 115gr JHP's with a 128PF

I have good success with W231, TG and CLAYS in moderate to light 9mm, .38 Super & .38 spl loads as well as moderate to light .45ACP loads.

I like CLAYS best. It is clean, a little goes a long way, yet it is bulky so it fills the case on the lighter loads. CLAYS is a fast powder, work up carefully!

MJ

• 3 weeks later...