Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil Spring for a Baby Eagle in .40 S&W

cypher

Replaced my 18 lb. recoil spring in Gov't 1911 .45 with a 15 lb. from Wolff.  Now I'd like to replace the spring on my Baby Eagle.  It has two recoil springs though... I assume you just replace this with one spring that's rated to perform the way the two existing springs perform together.  Is that not the case?

Who makes aftermarket springs for this gun?  ISMI's site only shows springs for 1911 style auto's and Glocks, Wolff's site shows a wider variety, but does not list either Israel Military Industries or Magnum Research...  

I know my gun is a CZ 75 clone but when I looked under CZ 75 it listed all the other clones that it would fit, like the EAA Witness, AT-84,  TZ-75, and Springfield Armory P-9, but it did not list the Baby Eagle or the Jericho.

Also does anybody make a Shok-Buff for this gun?

Thanks,

Homero

Erik,

No, I have the standard size all steel model.  It has two springs on the recoil guide rod assembly. They are held in place by a hard plastic plug on the front which in turn is secured by a small roll pin which goes through the plug and through the guide rod.

Homero   bat.gif