Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bolt Modification

Benelli M1S90 - What modification has to be done to the bolt to allow the loading of shells into the magazine even if the bolt is not closed all the way. I have heard of this modification but have never seen a picture of it.

Sorry I put this in the wrong forum. Can be moved.

Edited by Sgt

Benelli M1S90 - What modification has to be done to the bolt to allow the loading of shells into the magazine even if the bolt is not closed all the way. I have heard of this modification but have never seen a picture of it.

Take a look at this THREAD. There is more than one way to get there but the pictures and process posted by vtecrx does work and only takes a few minutes.

MCFooter

Thanks for the help, but that modification is to allow "ghost loading". What I am looking for is themodification that allows you to load shells into the magazine even if the bolt is not all the way forward.

If the Benelli is out of battery (even a little) the shell lifter is pushed down just enough to effectively block the entrance to the magazine. The shell will go part way in, then stick. I have only had this happen once. I would prefer to be able to keep loading the magazine, then clear the cause of the jam.

MCFooter

Thanks for the help, but that modification is to allow "ghost loading". What I am looking for is themodification that allows you to load shells into the magazine even if the bolt is not all the way forward.

If the Benelli is out of battery (even a little) the shell lifter is pushed down just enough to effectively block the entrance to the magazine. The shell will go part way in, then stick. I have only had this happen once. I would prefer to be able to keep loading the magazine, then clear the cause of the jam.

YEP, that's what you asked for just not what I read Sorry.

I have experienced the out of battery condition in practice several times but didn't know there was something that could be done to change it.