Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot The Classifier Today!

Shawn Knight

Cool.

As for tips... if you haven't checked them out... Matt Burkett's DVDs (available through the store on this site) I've found very worthwhile. I'm too old and don't have the reflexes ever to be a really good shooter (my main goal is to feel I'm competent to own a handgun) but I've derived a lot of benefit from them.

Jane

Cool.

As for tips... if you haven't checked them out... Matt Burkett's DVDs (available through the store on this site) I've found very worthwhile. I'm too old and don't have the reflexes ever to be a really good shooter (my main goal is to feel I'm competent to own a handgun) but I've derived a lot of benefit from them.

Jane

You know I have some of my hat cam videos posted on his site and I also have his IDPA Video. I thought it was a bit long but it had great info. He is a great teacher and I was glad to have Dave Re giving me pointers on my shooting.

Argh...

I should have disclaimered... his IDPA video I find pretty much useless... other than watching him casually shoot the classifier in 65 seconds whilst keeping up his patter for the camera.

The others, while more oriented toward USPSA, have a lot more tips as far as shooting fast and moving.

Argh...

I should have disclaimered... his IDPA video I find pretty much useless... other than watching him casually shoot the classifier in 65 seconds whilst keeping up his patter for the camera.

The others, while more oriented toward USPSA, have a lot more tips as far as shooting fast and moving.

YES Oh lord makes my 103 look like chump change which it is compaired to his 65! Even if I had shot a clean match I would still only be at 85 seconds. Must be the fact that he practices 24/7! Don't you wish you had that much practice time? And the Ammo! Jeez if I had 50,000 rounds a year or more(I have no idea what he actually shoots in a year) I would make 65 seconds too. One of the guys I shoot with shoots the classifier alot and his scores hover in the low 70's.

congratulations, that 4 more seconds seams a mile away sometimes

allot of people believe that practicing the classifier is a no-no, but i do believe that it is a great form of practice, however it is true that it does not always mean you can compete at that level, but it is a good way to get better in the long run, most people who i have competed with live for the now, if you can get over this you are on your way in the right direction

i have even shot it strong hand only {except for stage 1 string 5}, just for practice

Great job on making EX! I have only shot one classifier, and I was pleased to make SS in SSP. Pleased, that is, since until April of this year, I had not really picked up my Glock 19 in almost 20 years. I share your goal of making it to Master. Good luck!

Arnie

I am pretty sure it is Vash from Trigun. Did I also mention I have only shot 5 IDPA matches total? As well as about 4 USPSA matches. They keep telling me if I could just go faster my scores would improve a lot. I think I would rather go slow and Hit all 0's or A's.