Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Die Help Please

I have bought a set of dillion dies. It comes with a resizing die, and bullet press die, and a crimp die. Why does dillion not come with a die to bell the casings in order to get the bullet in? I don't even see them sold seperatly. :blink:

I don't have a dillon press yet. In a couple of weeks I am buying an XL650 from Brian here. Right now I am still using a Rock Chucker.

The only time the (extra) $ payout for -one more thing- is a problem is when you change calibers. going from 38 super to 40 cal you will need dies -And- the caliber convertion kit that has the proper sellplate and powder funell. = look in the dillon book and you will see the code for each conv. for each tool - the 650 , the 550 etc.

when you change from 38 super comp and youwant to load 223 the shell plate is the same, BUT you still have to purchase the entire convertion because you need the powder funnel to use the dillon powder mesure. = :( they do not sell the powder funnel seperate.

The 650 is a great tool you will be happy, and when you order it in a caliber = it will come With - the shell plate and powder funell/ exspander &die.

JF

I don't have a dillon press yet. In a couple of weeks I am buying an XL650 from Brian here. Right now I am still using a Rock Chucker.

The only time the (extra) $ payout for -one more thing- is a problem is when you change calibers. going from 38 super to 40 cal you will need dies -And- the caliber convertion kit that has the proper sellplate and powder funell. = look in the dillon book and you will see the code for each conv. for each tool - the 650 , the 550 etc.

when you change from 38 super comp and youwant to load 223 the shell plate is the same, BUT you still have to purchase the entire convertion because you need the powder funnel to use the dillon powder mesure. = :( they do not sell the powder funnel seperate.

The 650 is a great tool you will be happy, and when you order it in a caliber = it will come With - the shell plate and powder funell/ exspander &die.

JF

AlamoShooter,

I've ordered the powder funnel seperately from a complete conversion before so there shouldn't be a problem there. Just send them an email.

Randy