Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spending Time In Minnesota

JFlowers

It looks like I am being assigned to a client in St Paul, Minnesota for a long term assignment (thru May 2007 or so). Looking at Minnesota Section websight, it looks like there are several clubs located aound Minneapolis/St Paul. But its always hard to tell how far out they are.

So I am looking for:

Information on the clubs in Minnesota.

Folks who live in Minneapolis/St Paul who might be willing to do a pick up/car pool.

Information on any "gotcha ya's!" in Minnesota law I might need to know about.

Minnesota Section is being shot Sept 8-10 in Harris, MN - Gopher Rifle and Revolver Cub. That's about 60-70(?) miles straight north of Minneapolis on 35, about 10 miles north of North Branch.

I don't recall any shooting in the northern part of the state past about September. Maybe they still have some matches down south. Shooting generally kicks in again about April or May at the earliest. Understand that you are going there in winter. And Minnesota has a real winter.

If you'r coming from NC your moving to a different world. Can you spell snowmobile?

Not an open carry state.

I'm getting ready to leave for Holmen right now for the Area 5 match.

But, just glancing quickly at our schedule, I see at least 7 outdoor weekend USPSA pistol matches going until December. Along with a couple of three gun matches. I don't know if anyone is going to run indoor stuff at Burnsville over the winter.

If nobody else has chimed in by the time I get back from WI, I'll e-mail you some more info.

Actually we are an open carry state.... you may want to check on the reciprocity of your state (assuming you have a carry permit). Take care

Minnesota Section is being shot Sept 8-10 in Harris, MN - Gopher Rifle and Revolver Cub. That's about 60-70(?) miles straight north of Minneapolis on 35, about 10 miles north of North Branch.

I don't recall any shooting in the northern part of the state past about September. Maybe they still have some matches down south. Shooting generally kicks in again about April or May at the earliest. Understand that you are going there in winter. And Minnesota has a real winter.

If you'r coming from NC your moving to a different world. Can you spell snowmobile?

Not an open carry state.

Thanks for the ongoing information, guys.

I was not really worried about the whole Open/Concealed Carry issue. More worried about the really painful to competition laws like Firearms Cards, magazine limitations, etc.

What I am thinking about is bring my L10 rig to Minnesota and leaving my Open rig at home, then I can shoot if I am in MN or NC for the weekend.

If there are places shooting through Dec, when do they start back?

I stand corrected.

Actually we are an open carry state.... you may want to check on the reciprocity of your state (assuming you have a carry permit). Take care

Not an open carry state.

MAPSA at the minnetonka game and fish shoots once a month year round.

St. Cloud might have a couple matches still this year.

Burnsville starts up sometime soon, though I'm not totally sure when exactly.

check www.mnuspsa.org for more match info.

Edited by TimWarner