Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Air Traffic Control

ima45dv8

That's kinda cool to see the flight paths deverted around the hub. Do you fly Mark?

Down here in Tampa (Lakeland actually) in April, they have one of the biggest "Fly Ins" just like in Oshkosh. Everything from Cesna's, Pipers, Military Aircraft, Biplanes, down to Homebuilts and Ultralights. The airspace over Lakeland is so over populated with aircraft that they have teams of ATC's working. The event is huge! A client of mine said it is actually booked for the next ten years for ATC's that want to work the air show. It's a fun show to go to, but I couldn't imagine flying to it.

Edited by Cjblackmon

That's kinda cool to see the flight paths deverted around the hub. Do you fly Mark?

No, I'm not a flyer. Too scared of heights. ;) However, I work for a telecommunications company that's air transport-specific.

One of my brothers works in Flight Services in Anderson, SC, and his father-in-law (who works flight control 'somewhere') sent us the link. Very cool display!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I do recognize the irony that I don't like flying (OK, partly because I can't carry my pistol), yet I work in the air transport community.