Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trojan Gears

sandman_sy

So, my trojan .40 caliber has been ordered... 3 months till it gets here(Philippines... half way round da world :P) Plenty of time to decide before buyn da accessories:) but i want to hear opinion by non other than da BEers :) Best advice i can get.

Ordered 6-CMC 9 rounder(still wish i can get Tripp Mags) :( but not availble here.

Heres da line up of question:

1.) Saw a nice looking magwell...SVI, but yowza on da prize, ny cheaper alterntive, id like da 2nd in line?

2.) Will my trojan fit my Ultimate Ghost holster for STI? if not, whats da best on the market today?

3.)Whats da best Mag Pouch for the CMC Mags?ü (I dont like da CR Speed Versa Pouch, i like a pouch dats really for the 1911 Trojan... meaning da thin kind)

Thanx y'all, as always :)

S&A magwell is what I have on mine...

It'll fit a Ghost, but I don't like the fit, personally. Its kinda sloppy. I use a Safariland 012 for mine. I'm told the Ribas or the CR Speed both work well, too.

I use Safariland 771 and 773 pouches.

• 2 months later...

Congratulations on your new toy.

I am also a trojan 40 owner and its my SS match gun.

s&a magwell or wilson or brown. they all look nice on SS. I blended the well to the frame and open it some more.

cmc mags are good. I have 10 and they are all flawless. i changed the follower on mine to hold only 8 rounds for SS matches

my trojan barrel accept up to 1.235 OAL (210 gr LRN) without hiccup and its accurate

I use blade-tech for holster and mag pouches.

When you received it , disassemble and clean the whole gun including the firing pin channel and extractor channel. Oil it and start the break in period. I had problems during the first 200 rounds mostly chambering/jamming.

Have patience breaking in the gun. Mine started to work smoothly after 1000 rounds.

For SS nationals here in the states I use Hornady 180 hap's and vvn320, federal SRP or Win SMP's and assorted brass. 1.200

Enjoy and good luck!!

Thanx guys. Really appreciate it. My new toy hasn't arrived yet. Hhhmm... already placed the calls. they told me 3 weeks more. oh crap :( i just hate waitin for a gun.... :(

excellent advice BOGA. I'll have to check on how to break it my new Trojan so I can be ready when the gun arrives.... anybody can help me out?? :P

I fired 50 rounds of hotloads, cleaned the gun, OILed it, then fire again 50 rds, oil it again fired 50 clean, oil fire 50. cleaned and fired 100, C/O fired 100 C/O and fire until it become flawless. No running just shooting one at a time. Sounds boring. This is my own preference. I sighted it in during the break-in period.

The oil I used (and still) was Mobil 1.

Its now hard chromed and still tight after thousands of rounds.

One problem of STI rear sight is the 2 piece pin that holds the base from the upper part (its located on the front area of the rear sight - a little bit confusing) Dont wait till it flies away. I finished one stage (local match) using only the front sight. I changed mine using a small diameter stainless rod and peened the ends.