Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting 40S&W out of a Glock 20.

Swede20

Swede20 --- I asked John Amidon this exact same question when I was shooting my G-20 in Limited. His answer was, and I quote: "since the question is covered in bore size instead of caliber, I don't see a problem with it."

I printed it out and carried it with me just in case someone, somewhere questioned the legality of shooting 40 S&W in my G-20. If you'd like to do the same, contact John at: VPUSPSA@aol.com and ask away; he may take a day or two to reply, but he will send you an answer.

Hey Rich, I remember us talking about this at the Idaho match.  How many 40SW rounds do you think you've put through the G20's barrel.

If you were to do it again, would you use a 40SW barrel.

Tom --- man, you had me scramblin' to find my chrono book so I could see when I started shootin' it in matches! From the 6th of Jan.'99 to the 19th of Dec.'99. Right around 15,000 rounds, nothing but 200gr. Laser-Casts or Hoser's 210gr. RN. Load 'em as long as you can & still get 'em to work in your mag.

I use it for a carry gun now and I had it with me (in the truck) at the state match. Wish I'd've shown it to you, it is one sad-lookin' puppy!!!

I always wanted to try an after-market barrel in .40 S&W, even threatened to buy one once or twice, just never got around to it! Besides, the 10mm barrel still shoots great and I knew I was gonna dump it once I made GM. If I was gonna stick with it I would probably buy a .40 barrel.

I'll tell ya this, the way you can hose, you need to get an SV/STI and see how much easier it can be for ya! You won't regret it!

15,000 lead 40SW's through your stock 10mm barrel?!!?? WOW...

Along a parallel road here,....did you experience much "leading".  I shot some "BearCreek" dry lubed(resemble Precision's bullets) bullets over the weekend (bought 'em from a vendor at Idaho) I shot about 200 before I cleaned the stock 20's barrel.  There was LOTS of leading in the barrel and lead "spewing" out the muzzle.  Did you notice this with laser cast?

"...I'll tell ya this, the way you can hose, you need to get an SV/STI and see how much easier it can be for ya! You won't regret it!..."

That sounds like a man who's seen the light! :)

T-man --- no Air Force for me, I wasn't smart enough to drive one of their Jeeps, let alone a plane! Besides, they don't let ya carry guns unless you're MP.  The draft board ('68) took a quick peek & said: "looks like a rifle will fit those hands perfectly!" Turns out a pistol fits even better!

I'm STILL shootin' lead bullets through my G-20, 250 rounds of Hoser 210 RN cast just last week. I make certain to keep the chamber clean so it goes fully into battery with the cast bullet round. I will run a couple of jacketed rounds through it once the accuracy drops off signifigantly, otherwise I never clean the barrel.

I've found that all cast bullet loads (at major power factor) will leave some slight "streaking" in the bore, as long as the accuracy is good, I don't worry about it.

As for the moniker, I drive a custom built Titan motorcycle, sold my Harleys & broke down & bought this custom sled --- it is awesome and FAST!!!!!! May bring it to Medford next month but I HATE those dumb-ass helmet laws!!

Cool...Jacketed bullets to "clean" the bore huh?

I think I'll try that........cause it sure sucks trying to remove lead with Butch's Bore Shine.

Titan motorcycle? (ok here's my sign iamwithstupid.gif ) I've never heard of 'em.......

......so my search uncovered this beauty for sale on Ebay!

i-1_B.JPG

.......awesome!!!

(Edited by TDean at 8:39 am on June 27, 2002)

• 1 month later...
  • 9 years later...

I'm sorry to resume this old thread to which I came with a Google search.

Hi Titandriver,

by shooting over 15,000 rounds in your 10 mm barrel of your G20 did you ever broke any extractor ?

Thank you.

Edited by Bizio