Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help! Dawson Ice Magwell Problem With 10 Round Glock Mags

mattmcg

Hello,

I am shooting limited 10 in California with a Glock 35 and bought a Dawson ICE Magwell (the 2.9 ounce aluminum version). Once the magwell was installed, I found that the base of the plastic insert was impeding a clean insertion of a 10 round Glock magazine. I made sure the ICE was fitted tightly and flush with the bottom of the handle so it is installed properly.

Is my Dawson defective or is this a common problem with the ICE and Glock 10 round mags? If so, is there another magwell that I should look into?

Thanks.............

not sure if all dawson magwells are the same but my ICE for my para required the use of dawson basepads. it may work with other brands of basepads but i didn't want to experiment. i'm sure someone here can clarify which basepads fit and which don't.

maybe you'll find a different brand of magwell that will work with the stock basepads.

Edited by yoshidaex

I don't have that problem with my G35/Dawson ICE/10-round mags. I *do* have a problem with some magazines no longer dropping free, but that's a different issue.

You might want to take a picture and send it to Dawson?

BTW, I've found with 10-round mags and the ICE, they seat pretty d*mn flush. Adding a urethane bumper pad, like the Jentra, makes a big difference.

I don't have any 10 round mags, but my stock 15 round mags work fine with the ICE magwell on my G35.

Dawson extensions work fine, Arredondo extensions work fine, I did have to whack mags with Glock +2 extensions pretty hard to get them to seat, but only the first time. Once seated they never gave me another problem.