Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Wheelie Showed Today

killarbb

i got my new wheel gun today. what a thing of beauty. ordered a 4 inch 625JM. i wanted to try out the Jerry grips and the gun only cost $25 more than a bare bones 625.

lets start with the really good things i like. the gun feels great in the hand. the sights are alright, but i had already planned on replacing the front. big problem with this. i thought it was a pinned front only to get home and find out it isnt. i already had picked up the SDM pinned sight9 oh well Brownells and i will work that out. the grips feel nice here at home while doing some draws. i will find out about the recoil management in the morning. over all finish is nice.

now for the bad things. the trigger is/ was horrible. i had a Wolff sprig kit just waiting to go into my 325pd, but then i decided that it HAD to go into the 625. that was easy enough. i still need to do some stoning, but the improvements from the springs will easily satisfy me for now. the internal machining is below my expectations. i can see all kinds of marks on just about all of the parts. everything is in place to make my first uspsa match a whole lot better though.

i will try to get a range report up tomorrow after i get to work on chamfering the cylinder.

over all i am pleased.

Brett

Congrats killarbb. I use a slightly modified mod 10 to compete in our locale matches. Have started to consider a 625 (already load for a kimber), but am just not sure if I will like the N frame size. Keep me/us posted please. Might help me make a quicker decision.

flagaman

Cool--great timing!! See you at the range tomorrow, dude.

dont think there was any particular reason i hurried the purchase of this thing do ya?.....that TI gun is brutal with stronger loads

see you tomorrow

Brett

killarbb:

Welcome to the wonderful world of revolvers!!! Please feel free to share anything you learn or ask questions on the forum to find out what you need to know. There are a lot of people here (not necessarily me), that know a LOT about making a revolver shoot well and fit you specifically. Now...GET OUT THERE AND SHOOT!!! Its the most fun you can have with your clothes on!!! :D

Jeff