Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optima Vs. Jpoint

Adam B

I have read that they are the same, but has anyone owned both and what are their differences? Which one is better/worse? I had a Doctor and wasnt too impressed with it.

I have 2 Jpoints and 2 Optimas. Can't really tell the difference in use. Have to read the label to tell them apart. They all have mucho rounds on them with no failures.

Only the JPoint is still available as Tasco has discontinued the Optima. They really are the same and were built by the same company (FirePoint).

I have 2 Jpoints and 2 Optimas. Can't really tell the difference in use. Have to read the label to tell them apart. They all have mucho rounds on them with no failures.

Only the JPoint is still available as Tasco has discontinued the Optima. They really are the same and were built by the same company (FirePoint).

There were a few generations of the Optima made and imported by Tasco. Presently J P Imports the latest generation, and services them as necessary. They will also repair and service the previous Optima samples. They offer an excellent customer service.

While the Tasco outfit was selling/importing the "FirePoints" as Optimas, they retained the services/advise of Mickey Fowler and John Pride as consultants. The present day offering of the Pride-Fowler red dot sight is a direct result of that relationship. As John Pride puts it, this is the sight they had wished the Optima would have been all along. Aluminum and glass, about the same size as the Optima, and with full bright on/off/automatic control switch. ;)B)