Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Nova For Hm

Brian Payne

I have the chance to pick up a lightly used Benelli Nova pump w/24" barrel. Thought it might work well for Heavy Metal division if the following questions can be answered by the professionals on this site.

Will the mag. extention for my M2 Benelli work for this shotgun?

Will the chokes for the M2 work in the Nova barrel?

I would look seriously at the deal if I can use the same parts between the two shotguns.

Thanks in advance for any help.

As far as I know the Nova uses the same mag tubes as the beretta extrema and the mag tubes for the Benelli M2 won't work. Extension mag tubes can be purchased at www.surecycle.com. I don't know about the choke tubes. I like the 3 1/2 in. Nova because I can load it faster than I can a 3 in. Rem 870 by laying 2 rds. on the bottom of the carrier then pushing them in. I can't seem to do that with the 870.

During a search on this forum I saw where Kurtm said you could take a Remington magazine extention and modify the gun to fit. Got the shotgun today and also was given a 10rd. mag. extention from an 11-87. The pawn shop owner begged me to take it because he felt the only reason that shotgun hadn't sold was because people didn't want the extention on their hunting gun.

Took the Nova home, trimmed the end of the magazine tube just enough to have the Remington magazine extention fit flush. Can now load 10 + 1 and the gun shoots great. Now need to fabricate a plug to make it load only 8 rounds, then do a little polishing here and there and I should be good to go.

Little longer length of pull than an 870 but I noticed that the bolt unlocks like the Winchester 1300 pump, and you have got to love the built in loading ramp when the lifter stays out of your way when loading. Looks good thus far. :D