Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Golf Carts For Multi-gun - Rent Or Byo Cart?

geoff-it'll work...we have 3-8 the first day, and even if 8 is up the road, that's s/g only, so only 1 gun. the hump is gonna be from 12 to 1 after lunch saturday. sunday, that's cool-show up with 8 rounds and some gun for greg to play with then hit the road.

Just back from the range, where it was 98 in the shade at 4 pm. The weatherman says its going to cool down into the low 80's by match day.

WThe Chrono will be run like it was in Las Vegas last year. You will have several members of your squad randomly selected for either rifle or shotgun. The rest of the troop can go drool in the vendor tent or whatever.

We have had another setback and this one concerns parking. Our arrangement with the farmer to the north has hit a harvesting snag and at this time we are contemplating moving the parking and the vendor tent to an area that is adjacent to Bays 8-12 and the long range rifle bay, stage 12. This means that for stages 7-12 your vehicle will be fairly close. Stages 1-6 will be further away. Mike McCarter and I will be at the range again tonight to look at our options and tent placement. We are going to try to get the food vendor into this area, also.

What this does mean is that the north range road will have to be driven on to get to the new parking area. While the parking area can probably handle the cars the road is narrow and will not allow two way traffic. So we intend to have parking police set up to communicate and allow us to move vehicles onto and off of the range in what we hope is the most efficient manner possible.

I can hardly wait for the next surprise...

Tom Chambers

Range Master

2006 US Multi Gun Nationals

geoff-it'll work...we have 3-8 the first day, and even if 8 is up the road, that's s/g only, so only 1 gun. the hump is gonna be from 12 to 1 after lunch saturday. sunday, that's cool-show up with 8 rounds and some gun for greg to play with then hit the road.

Just back from the range, where it was 98 in the shade at 4 pm. The weatherman says its going to cool down into the low 80's by match day.

WThe Chrono will be run like it was in Las Vegas last year. You will have several members of your squad randomly selected for either rifle or shotgun. The rest of the troop can go drool in the vendor tent or whatever.

We have had another setback and this one concerns parking. Our arrangement with the farmer to the north has hit a harvesting snag and at this time we are contemplating moving the parking and the vendor tent to an area that is adjacent to Bays 8-12 and the long range rifle bay, stage 12. This means that for stages 7-12 your vehicle will be fairly close. Stages 1-6 will be further away. Mike McCarter and I will be at the range again tonight to look at our options and tent placement. We are going to try to get the food vendor into this area, also.

What this does mean is that the north range road will have to be driven on to get to the new parking area. While the parking area can probably handle the cars the road is narrow and will not allow two way traffic. So we intend to have parking police set up to communicate and allow us to move vehicles onto and off of the range in what we hope is the most efficient manner possible.

I can hardly wait for the next surprise...

Tom Chambers

Range Master

I obviously need more water. The Chrono will be for Rifle and Pistol, not shotgun.

Tom Chambers

Range Master

Jeez, Tom my weather check says it was over 100 up there today, you "must" be parched.

I am fine with whatever has to happen but have one more big question now that the previously verbotten road to the north range is the only path to vehicle parking. What is the road surface and condition of it and the new parking area like?

My question has to do with driving up a nice clean sports sedan/convertible that is our pride and joy. If the road is rough/rutted and there is any chance of rocks/gravel kickup, then my vehicle choice is out and I will need a rental car for the entire trip now as my P/U truck isn't ready for this kind of haul with it's power steering on the way out and not much time to service it.

Jeez, Tom my weather check says it was over 100 up there today, you "must" be parched.

I am fine with whatever has to happen but have one more big question now that the previously verbotten road to the north range is the only path to vehicle parking. What is the road surface and condition of it and the new parking area like?

My question has to do with driving up a nice clean sports sedan/convertible that is our pride and joy. If the road is rough/rutted and there is any chance of rocks/gravel kickup, then my vehicle choice is out and I will need a rental car for the entire trip now as my P/U truck isn't ready for this kind of haul with it's power steering on the way out and not much time to service it.

The north road is a well maintained gravel road. If you don't race on it there should not be a problem with rocks flying. The club will have a water truck there to help keep down the dust. The parking area and its road are grass with a firm surface. No ruts, boulders, quagmires, or land mines. We're moving the vendor tent and the food vendor to this area and we'll still have plenty of room for parking. The tall grass has been cut down and will be 'mulched' tomorrow to keep the fire hazard down. You should be safe with the sports car.

BTW the 'shade' I was referring to was the classroom on the north range where they have a thermometer. Out in the bays it had to be well over a hundred. When I got back to the range after dinner( Wyatts-nice brew pub with Deschutes Brewery beers) around 7:30 the temp was 100, warmer than when I left 2 hours earlier. We're starting set up at 0600 tomorrow to help beat the heat-we hope.

Tom Chambers

Range Master

BTW the 'shade' I was referring to was the classroom on the north range where they have a thermometer. Out in the bays it had to be well over a hundred. When I got back to the range after dinner( Wyatts-nice brew pub with Deschutes Brewery beers) around 7:30 the temp was 100, warmer than when I left 2 hours earlier. We're starting set up at 0600 tomorrow to help beat the heat-we hope.

Tom Chambers

Range Master

most encouraging news so far tom-you found another brew pub!! happy hour is possible if we get thru the day quickly... :D